Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: When does weight loss begin? page 4

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by louisem View Post
    Thank you yet again Annie. I know I'm stressed all the time too so that doesn't help. I just feel that there is some button I'm not pressing and as soon as I discover it, I will lose weight. And I'm so sick of thinking about it all the time. Hopefully it will be a better day tomorrow.
    It sucks you are struggling with this.
    But truly you just have to tweak things around and see what works best. I never lost anything for 3 months, after coming off a 6 month long binge, because I was still eating too much, even though it was only 100% primal. Its been nearly a month of eating less, and have lost about 5 kg. (next week is the 1 month weigh in).
    Are you always hungry?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Weight loss will begin when you stop having bad sugar binges. Bad sugar binges will stop when you are properly nourished with real food. Choking down raw eggs and protein shakes is counterproductive. Savour tender juicy meat, flavourful veges, genuine butter, omelettes, primal waffles. A few yummy nuts and a little delicious dark chocolate. Eat real primal meals that you enjoy and taste good and fill you up. The rest will follow.
    And yes this too, I also used to binge ALOT. Now never. It does happen, but it took a long time.

tzulogic is offline Member
    Cheating might be hurting you more then you think. Your body needs to understand that it's time to stop running off that crap. That's why your craving isn't it? Because you haven't made the transition yet. Whenever you cheat, the body thinks that it was just enduring a temporary famine. It continues to crave.

Also, have you checked your waist size at all? I haven't lost any weight in the past month (I only stopped grains for about 5 days now.) You may very well be putting on muscle. I've lost about 2-3 sizes, but no weight.

Also, dont just jump off the cliff! Making a gradual transition is easiest for people like me, and maybe you! I first quit junk and processed food a month and a half ago. Then I quit drinking juice about 3 weeks ago (along with dairy.) I started eating more primal, though I ate alot of bread.

Right now I'm still getting plenty of carbs 150-200g daily. But it is only one step at a time m'dear!

Make sure you get adequate nutrition, which will help with cravings. Get your prebiotics and probiotics rolling for superior digestion. Go buy some!

Also, go eliminate that stress with a daily walk. Meditate. Also, do not stress about stress. It's okay to be stressed, it's okay to be imperfect. We all are. Do not expect to change over night, and do not be disappointed with yourself. Got that? Don't be disappointed with yourself, period. You have no reason to be.
    Last edited by tzulogic; 03-07-2013 at 01:12 PM.

louisem is offline Member
    I'm not always hungry and did not eat until lunchtime yesterday and didn't eat again until this morning. I was trying to do the IF but ate lunch and dinner today. Every day seems different though. Stuck to primal all day then ate something i shouldn't have and feel terrible. I just wonder if I'm ever going to get it under control and then I can't stand that I'm being defeatist. I definitely do not snack like I used to so that's something to be grateful for.

I appreciate your very kind words tzulogic. I find I have to make myself go out and walk and I know I feel better when I do but always seem to make excuses. I just need to be stronger and believe.

tzulogic is offline Member
    My dear, you don't NEED to be anything. It's all about what you WANT to be. You have no obligation to anyone. This is about you. You have that burning desire, let it consume you. Let it be your biggest hope, motivate your thoughts, never leave your mind. And then just let things work.

I'm coming out of chronic illness. I'm sick of being sick, of being stressed and being anxious. I'm going to be healthy again. That is my main obsession, and its coming to life.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    I haven't touched grains or processed food for 7 weeks
    I would disagree with the "processed foods" part of this. I count whey protein powder as highly processed. (I'm not saying this to be rude and argumentative, but to give you a different viewpoint.)

If you're hungry for breakfast, eat leftovers, eat bacon and eggs, eat some veggies.

Add some more veg to your salad - when I make a "big ass" salad, I put at least 4 veggies in it (besides the greens) - I might have a salad w/Salmon, Chicken or Grass-Fed beef, (maybe some bacon), cucumber, green beans, tomatoes, peppers (clearly I'm not concerned with nightshades), broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, chopped hard-boiled egg, avocado, and an olive oil and apple-cider vinegar dressing.

cut out dairy

lay off the bailey's until your weight moves, and probably until you're done with your weight moving.

Eat meat and veggies for dinner. A banana with honey, yogurt and cinnamon is on the edge of being faileo. Way too sweet for my tastes, and you should be eating something with more protein, less starch/sugar.

hope all that helps?

It does thanks! And I was thinking that my stomach has gone down and I'm going to keep going. I haven't had the whey protein all week so that is a plus too.

I really like your attitude and good luck with your quest!

PrimalRanger is offline Junior Member
    Thanks again. I was following Jack Kruse Leptin-Reset and he advises to eat 50gm protein in am and I just found the easiest way to do this was the whey protein. Dinner for me might just be a banana with manuka honey, greek yogurt, cinnamon or steak with veg or if I'm rushing I might have another shake with couple of raw eggs. Salad would include lettuce, beetroot, tuna or salmon and balsamic vinegar. A friend of mine followed this diet and lost nearly 50 pounds. I need to lose at least 30 pounds. I don't eat after 6pm either although sometimes I will have a Baileys coffee.
    As a rule i don't consume any carbs after 4pm. I am 6'1" 185lbs 44 year old male. I maintain between 7-7.5% body fat. I am an avid runner not too much distance and augment running with my Bowflex. I consume 90% of my calories in the morning with light grazing on nuts and veggies until 4pm. I found my biggest weight loss after cutting my carb intake out by 4pm.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast