Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When does weight loss begin? page 3

louisem is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I understand because I also believe, (theoretically,because I can't seem to do it in practice) in the law of attraction. My mind is constantly thinking about my weight no matter what. I'm going to try listening to my body and what it wants. I got up this morning and haven't eaten yet as I'm not hungry. I did take my supplements,Vit D, Flaxseed oil and multi vit. I feel really tired all the time too so I hope that improves as my primal lifestyle does. Appreciate all the advice and comments.

Forgot to say I felt really awful last night after sugar binge. My heart was racing, I felt nauseous and had a headache so I'm going to try and remember how I felt next time I think I want sugar!

jaredcastles is offline Junior Member
    I start calorie counting and doing high intensity interval training when I want to lose fat. If I don't lose at least 2 lbs per week I decrease my calorie intake by 150 until it starts coming off. You need experiment a bit with this. Counting calories is annoying at first but if you do it diligently for a few weeks you begin to get an intuitive idea of what foods have how many calories. I also convert my calories to grams so I can read food labels easier.

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    check marks post of today, it is about weight loss stalling

Little Women is offline Member
    I'd be questioning the protein shake (they can have all sorts of other stuff in them), the dairy products, and maybe even the banana (some people say starchy fruits and vegetables can stall weight loss).

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by louisem View Post
    Forgot to say I felt really awful last night after sugar binge. My heart was racing, I felt nauseous and had a headache so I'm going to try and remember how I felt next time I think I want sugar!
    Yes, it's an unpleasant experience but a helpful lesson. I'm sure we've all had a number of those,

Be encouraged that you are learning to make the connection between what you put into your body and the response it gives you.

Now's the time to see how it can respond to a steady input of veges, eggs, meat and other wholesome foods.

Good luck.

Thanks again Annie.

I have read some more posts and everyone seems to have lost loads of weight. I haven't touched grains or processed food for 7 weeks and I haven't lost anything. It is so disheartening. I think I have thyroid problems but I'm so fed up with trying to lose weight. Sorry for the moan but I'm just in that mood at the moment.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by louisem View Post
    I have read some more posts and everyone seems to have lost loads of weight. I haven't touched grains or processed food for 7 weeks and I haven't lost anything. It is so disheartening. I think I have thyroid problems but I'm so fed up with trying to lose weight. Sorry for the moan but I'm just in that mood at the moment.
    You have still done yourself a favour by getting rid of those items from your diet. Not many people around you will have done that for seven weeks straight, so be proud of yourself.

And to put things in perspective, the people around here who haven't lost weight probably haven't posted about it either. Keep up the good decisions, take care of yourself with some healthy food and movement, and you will look back one day and see how far you've come.

I'm off to make myself an omelette for breakfast. Catch you later.

Thank you yet again Annie. I know I'm stressed all the time too so that doesn't help. I just feel that there is some button I'm not pressing and as soon as I discover it, I will lose weight. And I'm so sick of thinking about it all the time. Hopefully it will be a better day tomorrow.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast