Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When does weight loss begin? page 2

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Lunch sounds ok (if not very exciting) but banana doesn't sound like dinner to me. It would make a nice snack or dessert though. The steak and veg would be better.

If you find you are rushing a lot why not get used to using a slow cooker, you can load it in the morning and come home to dinner cooked. Or even load it the night before and just turn on in the morning.

I really feel it's necessary to put a priority on food and to have food that you truly enjoy not just shoving something down because you have to eat. That way you will be able to keep it up for the long haul of losing 30 lbs and keeping it off. And you will have something to look forward to three times a day

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I haven't tried that protocol, but I know if I eat too much protein I will put on weight, even if I have a calorie deficit.

louisem is offline Member
    Thanks for your advice. Will look more closely at what I eat.

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    What is "protein shake"? Can you gather it or catch it in the woods? Or it is something factory made? Is so - why do you even consider earing it?

It's whey protein that I got in a health shop. I know its not ideal but it is the easiest way to get 50gm of protein into me first thing in the morning. I have been trying to cut down on it and it is mostly the only non-primal food that I eat. I make it with organic coconut milk and sometimes add a raw egg to it.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I recommend ditching the shakes and eating real food all the time. If you are hungry and must eat in the morning, then save some leftovers from the night before. If you're not hungry, there's no need to eat.

Reminder - this is not a diet. Its a lifestyle. Eat for optimal health. Let a healthy size/shape be a result of optimal health.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

emsommer is offline Junior Member
    May I suggest Intermittent Fasting. I have been Primal for 5 months and lost 15-16 lbs. That's when my weight plateaued. For 7 weeks the scale did not move. As soon as I did IF, I lost 2.5 lbs in one week! Maybe a good way for you to do it is skip breakfast, eat lunch, then skip dinner since you said you don't normally eat in the evening. Do that 2 days a week and then check the scale. Read all of Mark's articles Why Fast? and other Intermittent Fasting articles. The health benefits sound amazing and perhaps it would help you with eczema and psorriasis. Good luck and Grok On!

Thank you all so much for your help. I really appreciate it. I had a bad sugar binge this evening so have to knock that on the head again. The IF sounds good so I'll give it a try and let you know how I get on. I think you are right about the protein shakes too. Thanks again!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Weight loss will begin when you stop having bad sugar binges. Bad sugar binges will stop when you are properly nourished with real food. Choking down raw eggs and protein shakes is counterproductive. Savour tender juicy meat, flavourful veges, genuine butter, omelettes, primal waffles. A few yummy nuts and a little delicious dark chocolate. Eat real primal meals that you enjoy and taste good and fill you up. The rest will follow.
    Last edited by Annieh; 03-05-2013 at 02:23 PM.

mikesmithm2 is offline Junior Member
    Easy healthy weight loss can only come when you have your thinking in line with your diet and exercise routine. The problem many people face and why so many people feel that weight loss is so challenging is because they spend all of their energy learning how to eat and exercise right but spend little or no energy working on the thing that will guarantee their positive results - their thinking.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast