Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Fat Loss : Is it 80% Diet?? page 13

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    I like how your squat went from a half-squat, to a squat to parallel, to a squat below parallel, all within the last hour. I bet it increased 100lb during that time too. Good for you.
    And what's your point? You call it below parallel when your cross the mid-line by a few centimeters, like that should make a huge difference, and a "half-squat" in your terminology seem to be a shallow less than 45 degree squat, when we are using "half-squat" as squatting in the middle between a full ass to grass squat and a shallow squat! Don't you have anything better to do than quarreling about irrelevant issues here?

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    And what's your point? You call it below parallel when your cross the mid-line by a few centimeters, like that should make a huge difference, and a "half-squat" in your terminology seem to be a shallow less than 45 degree squat, when we are using "half-squat" as squatting in the middle between a full ass to grass squat and a shallow squat! Don't you have anything better to do than quarreling about irrelevant issues here?
    Ahh yes, it starts again, Gorbag fails to demonstrate knowledge on the subject and is starting to interject personal attacks. Carry on.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aerie View Post
    This has been a fascinating discussion for me - WAY more than I anticipated asking my initial question. You got it right here... I do want to lose the fat while preserving as much as possible the muscle - I am new to weight training and from reading here, definitely need a few sessions with a trainer or someone to teach me proper form and explain a few basic exercises to work on. I can use the weight machines in the mean time, with pretty heavy loads but it seems like HEAVY lifting with the free bars and weights is the best.

Besides, I'd love to be super strong again, and show up plently of guys. I used to be much stronger and leaner and guys would pick me up and stagger "woah you are way heavier than you look!" I always liked that... damn straight! I've got muscles
    My last piece of advice would be to find a decent trainer. A lot of trainers are great at training you to do incorrect movements. They'll give anyone the certification to become a personal trainer. There are a lot of guys being paid $10/hr at Planet Fitness giving advice that have no idea what they're doing. It may sound ridiculous, but start on Youtube. There are a lot of great videos of people teaching you how to squat and deadlift. That way, when you do sit down with a trainer, you'll have an image in your head of the motion you should be doing.

And here is another important nugget of info - make the trainer do the motion! Compare their motion to the guys in the Youtube videos. If your trainer can't do it right, don't let them advise you!

Good luck.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    My last piece of advice would be to find a decent trainer. A lot of trainers are great at training you to do incorrect movements. They'll give anyone the certification to become a personal trainer. There are a lot of guys being paid $10/hr at Planet Fitness giving advice that have no idea what they're doing. It may sound ridiculous, but start on Youtube. There are a lot of great videos of people teaching you how to squat and deadlift. That way, when you do sit down with a trainer, you'll have an image in your head of the motion you should be doing.

And here is another important nugget of info - make the trainer do the motion! Compare their motion to the guys in the Youtube videos. If your trainer can't do it right, don't let them advise you!

Good luck.
    Thats actually good advice. If your gonna do these lifts you absolutely gotta learn to do them correctly.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Thats actually good advice. If your gonna do these lifts you absolutely gotta learn to do them correctly.
    We can all agree on that.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213