Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grapefruit page

NoMoreGrains is offline Member

Grapefruit

Shop Now
    I've recently cut down on my fruit consumption, and increased my vegetables. Lately, I've been enjoying a grapefruit everyday. Who else makes grapefruit a regular item? I can get organic grapefruits at Trader Joe's for about the same prices as organic oranges (I love the taste of both). Are grapefruits nutritionally superior to oranges?

A.M. Roots is offline Member
    I believe grapefruits to be the better choice over orange. Lower overall GI and still full of vit. C and it naturally promotes fat metabolism, however, I gave fruit up. I too used to eat a daily grapefruit. I have one looking me in the face right now b/c my girlfriend juices. But due to my goals it was recommended by other MDA friends to omit the fruit and I have seen better results. Ask yourself what you're goals are and then make the decision. I don't mind so much, just had to get used to it. But it does help curb cravings and energy dips. I really want to lean out so that's what fueled my decision. If any fruit, right now I would choose strawberries, etc. and after my berry options next would most definitely be a delicious grapefruit. The reunion will be joyess. Best wishes!

Big Dave is offline Senior Member
    I love grapefruit!
    Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure grapefruit is "better for you" and all... but I just can't get past the taste. To quote a web comic I saw a while back, "Grapefruit is what happens when trees throw up."

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Grapefruit is probably my favorite fruit. I still eat them occasionally... maybe 3-4 a month? And it's always a whole one, I can't just eat half and leave the other half in the fridge taunting me. =P So I only do it on days that I'm otherwise really low-carb.

I think I actually like them more now, since really sweet fruit is getting less and less appealing as I'm eating less sweet things in general. I never really liked oranges much anyway so I don't think of grapefruit as a substitute for them, but I would guess it's a somewhat better choice!

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    I still eat a grapefruit on occasion, but my goal isn't weight-related. Just looking for optimum health and nutrition and grapefruit can definitely play a part in that.
    Last edited by Funkadelic Flash; 01-18-2011 at 04:01 PM.

sleepy girl is offline Member
    I eat it when I feel the need for something sweet. I used to think grapefruit was way too sour until I went primal and now it tastes sweet to me.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Grapefruit is yummy! I used to thing it was wretched and sour, until I quit eating so much sweet junk. Now it has a lovely, subtle sweetness. Rather enjoyable.

avocado is offline Senior Member
    I have them often when they're sweet and cheap.

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    This is my fruity treat with breakfast on a Sunday but I would like to add 1 or 2 more during the week. Since cutting out the crap sugar they have become very sweet for me!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast