Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Potatoes for Primal Potato Diet? page 2

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Bake until golden brown. It will be crispy on top and mushy in the middle--kind of like hashbrowns. Doesn't stick too much either. Serve with salt and vinegar. Yum! I could eat that all day.
    Genius! Thanks!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    The moment I found myself actually considering deliberately eating nothing but plain potatoes was one of the moments that made me realize that in my obsession for weight loss I had lost site of the Primal Blueprint and health as primary concern entirely.

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    Great recipe, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    Nutrition is a lot like religion. It is inexact and varied.
    What you believe, may not be what I believe. What works for me, may not be what works for you.
    Respect my way of eating as I respect yours. Respect makes all the difference!
    Enjoyed your signature

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Enjoyed your signature
    Thanks. I keep it there more as a reminder to myself than anything else. xD I don't disrespect anyone else's desire to potato-hack, but for me, it was a tipping point to the realization that I was not as in control as I thought I was. <3

Where I REALLY need to keep my signature in mind is when talking to my "vegetarian" mother and sister. *eyeroll*

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    Where I REALLY need to keep my signature in mind is when talking to my "vegetarian" mother and sister. *eyeroll*
    I hear ya

patski is offline Senior Member
    I stuff my fucking face these days on sweet potatoes. I adjusted my macros because I realized high fat doesn't work for me.

Honestly, I eat 'em 2 - 3 times a day. Roasted whole, or cut into fries and tossed in coconut oil/duck fat and done in the oven. OMFG.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    I stuff my fucking face these days on sweet potatoes. I adjusted my macros because I realized high fat doesn't work for me.

Honestly, I eat 'em 2 - 3 times a day. Roasted whole, or cut into fries and tossed in coconut oil/duck fat and done in the oven. OMFG.
    If you are looking to expand your horizons on starch, get some plantains, peel and cut into cubes, fry in butter (or fat of choice), and eat them covered in chili or just mixed with ground beef...unbelievable!

They are kind of tasteless on their own, but take the flavor of whatever is with them.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    are you tracking your caloric intake? do you have a consistent exercise routine? if you answered yes and yes, then how about you just try slightly reducing your daily caloric intake or adjusting your macros a little. be consistent with that for a month or 2 and then see what happens. at some point in time, you will hit a plateau with things like weight loss, muscle growth, and strength development. thats when you have to make subtle tweaks to get around that setpoint.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    I've tried tweaking my macros in a few different variations, and have decided that I can maintain weight on just about any of them. I know that it takes time and patience to loose, but if this hack isn't harmful, and I doubt that it is when used for short periods, then it's worth a try.

I'm on day three and feel just fine, and it seems I've lost a few pounds as well. I've been living off of mostly baked and cooled potatoes, but yesterday I made some hash browns without any fat and they were pretty good with a little garlic powder and salt. I've also been taking a multi-vitamin and drinking a cup or two of bone broth with the fat skimmed off the top. All in all everything is going pretty well. We'll see how I feel on friday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast