Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Store Temptations page

ludobear is offline Junior Member

Store Temptations

Shop Now
    So I did my grocery shopping today. Just picking up a few things that needed replenishing. I walked through the bakery (as it is in between the produce and meat counter...of course!) and wasn't tempted at all. It wasn't actually until I left that I was tempted...by the Jack in the Box in the parking lot. I had shopped without eating and was hungry. And for a good moment I considered it. Until I remembered how awesome it felt to weigh in and measure in today and how crappy I would feel if I lost this progress over some crappy burger.

So instead, I am taking some of the ground beef I just bought and I'm making my own darn burger (sans bun, naturally). And you know what? It is 100x better.
    Starting Primal: 2/24/13

SW: 261.5 | GW: 135 | CW: 255.25

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Good job!

Whenever I'm extremely tempted by something (usually because I'm hungry and it's in my face) I think about, 20mins from now, how I would feel if I gave in. And the more you do this, the easier it gets...

Mama~Mare is offline Member
    Congrats on your Primal Victory!

Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    Good job!

Whenever I'm extremely tempted by something (usually because I'm hungry and it's in my face) I think about, 20mins from now, how I would feel if I gave in. And the more you do this, the easier it gets...
    That is pretty much what I did. I was thinking about everything that sounded good (at that moment) on their menu and I asked myself if it really tastes as good as I imagine it does (no), how I would feel about myself if I gave in when I have plenty of food make at home (crappy and wasteful) and how I would feel physically if I gave in (horrendous - I'll never forget that last time I had fast food - UGH). That was enough to get me through it. I didn't really want THAT food, I just wanted food. I grabbed a couple of grapes for the drive (a little sweet and a little something to chew on) and then went home and cooked up an AMAZING burger that blew away any "food" I could have gotten there.

And, I feel awesome for not giving in. For the first time in a long time, I feel in control. And I LOVE being in control

On a side note, I found myself seriously judging other folks' shopping carts today. Ha.

NewGrayMare is offline Member
    Good on you for passing up the temptation! Each time you say no to the temptation, you grow stronger and can withstand the next onslaught easier.

Quote Originally Posted by ludobear View Post
    On a side note, I found myself seriously judging other folks' shopping carts today. Ha.
    Try working at a grocery store >_< I cringe every time I see people coming through with loads of veganaise, earth balance, and soy based prducts. And I can't tell you how many vegans have tried to convert me! I relish the looks of horror on their faces every time I respond with "Sorry, I'm Primal and love my bacon"

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I have never eaten much takeout or fast food my whole life, so I'm luckily not tempted by that, or cake, or pastries, but man, it's hard to pass by the chocolate section and the nut butters...
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Excellent victory over temptation. You will be all the stronger next time. Grok on.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Just picture the bread wrapped around your cardiac arteries choking them off.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

SugarSugar is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ludobear View Post
    I found myself doing this too, then felt like an extremely mean hypocrite. I was one of those people not too long ago. Now I just shake my head and laugh (mostly at myself and the way my thoughts have completely changed) and try to avoid the candy aisle.

Congrats on your victory! What an awesome feeling!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast