Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to lose body fat to one-digit percentage? page

Shock is offline Junior Member

How to lose body fat to one-digit percentage?

Primal Fuel
    Hi folks,

How do I get to one-digit body fat percentage? I've been eating primal for about half a year now, I exercise quite much.
    I practice parkour, so I get a decent dose of interval training and also lift weight weights and do bodyweight strength training on gymnastic rings.

But still, I can't seem to get lower than ~14% bodyfat. My sixpack is barely visible and I would like it to look more ripped.

How do I do that?
    ~Shock

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    What does it mean to you to say that you "eat primal"? When do you eat, and how much? How are your macros? Have to tracked your intake?

Shock is offline Junior Member
    Well, I eat when I'm hungry, which is 5-6 times per day, pretty much every 2-3 hours. I consume about 2800 kcal a day, mostly of meat and animal fat, some veggies here and there, also heavy cream and nuts. Rarely fruit.

My carbs are low, probably 50-100g/day. However I'll try tracking what and how much I eat to estimate the macronutriets ratio.

Any ideas?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Eating primal in the manner you describe is terrific for easy leanness and optimal health. Single digit body fat is just vanity weight so most people have to do some unnatural things to get there. Like actually not eating every time they are hungry and pushing away from the table when they really could eat more. Thats probably all you got to do to get there.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    But still, I can't seem to get lower than ~14% bodyfat.
    It sounds like you are eating good, so perhaps your body naturally settles in at around 15%.

I'm of the view that single digits aren't natural. If you want it you probably have to go calorie restriction plus cardio (not fun).

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    When I went primal 3 years ago I dropped 40+ pounds in 4 months effortlessly. That brought me to 178 (I'm 5'11") and about 15% bodyfat. At the end of 2012 I decided I wanted to see if I could get to about 8%. Since then I've dropped 9lbs (much harder than the first 45lbs) and I'd guess around 10%. I have vascularity on my arms, shoulders, legs and low abdomen. I still have a little to lose on my lower six pack and lower back. I lift twice a week and do a sprint 8 routine once a week. I've had to resort to tracking what I eat and I've averaged 1800 calories a day since Jan 1. I IF 5-6 times a week (eat between noon and 8pm). I was never hungry when dropping the initial weight, but to get below 15% I've had to tolerate a little hunger although I find skipping breakfast pretty manageable. Will I make to 7-8%? We'll see!

bostonwolf is offline Senior Member
    The simplest answer is drugs. It's almost impossible for most of us to get that lean without them.
    ----------
    Primal since August 2012. CW: 317.
    1/8/13: 303.5 | 2/12/13: 298.5 | 2/26/13 295 | 3/07/2013 291.5

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonwolf View Post
    The simplest answer is drugs. It's almost impossible for most of us to get that lean without them.
    Many drugs that are diuretic don't actually make you lean, but takes away water from under the skin and creates a leaner apparance only! Unhealthy and not recommendable at all! Lot's of mildly working diuretic's like coffee, tea and dietcoke gives some of the same effect, but not that dangerous. The only drug that I have used and that helps me eating less, is a low dose of Tramadol (extended release, 100 mg) taken every second day, it blunts my appetite and make me eat much less...

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Single digit body fat is just vanity weight so most people have to do some unnatural things to get there. Like actually not eating every time they are hungry and pushing away from the table when they really could eat more. Thats probably all you got to do to get there.
    Yup. Optimal health and single digit bodyfat aren't the same for most people. You could try intermittent fasting if you're really interested in getting "shredded"

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Another way to increase the possibility is to be born male.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast