Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost all my strength and it has cost me $400,000! page 2

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OK Now I'm even more confused..I'm sure I put a post in here..has it been deleted?
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    My bad...you posted the thread twice ?
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Just my guess that if this is an unusual performance for you, it's not the diet, because you haven't changed anything. You could have been coming down with something.

Another possibility, especially if you wouldn't normally had a problem doing the push-ups is that you got a trapped nerve which is causing a muscle weakness/fatigue response.
    Ive had this happen before & I wasent in any pain from it, the only reason I realized there was an issue was because I struggled to pick up things I normally could just toss around..
    Chiropractor visit & all fixed.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Did you prepare with test runs of the fitness test required? I'm sure you had to know of the requirements?

The way you explained the testing makes me think you usually only need to pass the bleep, pushup, situps, test as a requirement of your current service.. Did you have to do the run and pushup test back to back? If so it sounds like you ran out of gas,

cwodavids is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    eat. and train.

paleo/primal isn't low carb. then again, there are some low-carbers on here that can bang out hundreds of pushups. you could probably eat mcdonalds every day and do 20 pushups and 32 situps in a minute. sounds to me like you weren't keeping up on the physical part of this thing and are trying to blame it on your way of eating. you said in 1 post that you ate completely paleo for a month. then in another post, you said you've been paleo for a year. which is it?
    I have been Paleo for over a year but I normally have the odd beer, pizza or other non-paleo food once a week. The month previous I was 100% Paleo, 80/20 rule.

As for the physical side of things, I have to do the same test every 6 months and I normally manage around the 30 - 35 mark for push-ups and 40 ish for the sit-ups. The bleep test i can achieve no problem, my highest has been 13.4. This is why I am confused...

Dave

cwodavids is offline Junior Member
    The run is unusual and not something that is normally done, the beep test is what i have to complete every 6 months.

Dave

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    So what happens if you try and do pushups now? Have you tested yourself again since the test?? Maybe it was an aberration.

Also, you say you've been eating paleo, but you don't mention the composition of your meals. Some people go really, really well low carb for awhile, but then HAVE to add extra carbs into their diet. If you've been eating low carb paleo, maybe you need to up your carbs a bit and see what happens?? If you've depleted your muscle glycogen too far, the body may not have been able to synthesise enough for your muscles to keep going in order to complete the pushups.

Honestly, it's impossible to know WHY exactly, but I do think it's a good idea to test yourself right now and see what happens! Can you do your usual number, or are you still floundering??

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    Probably just having a bad day. I try to do 100 push-ups in 5 sets of 20. Usually the first 2-3 of sets are a breeze, but sometimes the fist set is hard - That's when I don't make it to 100. No rhyme or reason to it. I don't feel the weakness coming either.

My diet is pretty stable and I usually get ~100 grams of carbs per day.
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    I just have to train for my yearly PT tests. Do pushups and situps regularly and start to train for the 1.5 mile run a few months before the test. Last year I ate a few bananas before the test and had my best ever run time.

zoeamy is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How did it cost you $400,000? I'm failing to see the connection between 1 push up and $400,000.

Officer training will come again, and 20 push ups is FA
    Starting waist measurement: 36". Current 35". First Goal 33".
    Starting backsquat: 50lbs. Current squat: 132lbs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12