Thread: HELP! I have lost my strength and its cost me at least $400,000... page

cwodavids is offline Junior Member

HELP! I have lost my strength and its cost me at least $400,000...

Shop Now
    Hi

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post. I know the title seems a tad melodramatic, it is however completely accurate due to the loss in pension, I didn't even look at the lost wages.

I have recently breezed 2 days of gruelling selection to become an Officer in the Royal Air Force, the final hurdle was to run 1.5 miles in 11:36 - Easy, complete 19 pushups in a minute - Easy... Except it wasn't, I got to my third pushup and I realised I was in big trouble. I ended up completing 18 and failing the whole selection process as a result.

As I am currently serving in the RAF I have a six monthly fitness test whereby I have to complete a Bleep Test at level 9.10 (easy), 19 pushups in a minute (easy), 32 situps in a minute (easy). The last time I completed this test was in Nov 12 and I managed my pushups in around 35 seconds. I ate completely paleo for the last month or so prior to then.

Is there any particular reason that Paleo eating will cause such weakness? I really need to get to the bottom of this as I am absolutely shell shocked by what happened as I haven't failed a fitness test in my 11 year career. My current job requires me to be fit and the implications are pretty severe for me now as my boss will not be impressed when he eventually catches up with me.

Failing any reasons for the lack of strength, are there any ideas on how I can build my strength very quickly in both my pushups and situps as I just managed to get my 32 required?

Any help/advice would be greatly received as I have been in a daze and have been unable to think of anything else for the last 4 days.

Thanks

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    Try eating more carbs...and just more calories in general if you're feeling weak.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Why don't you take this test 3 times a day on your own until you feel confidant that you can breeze through it??

Or maybe do it 3 x 3 times each day..

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    I'm confused. if you had been keeping up with your fitness routine you would have breezed it? Have you been working out on a regular basis prior to your test? I would assume if you had you would have known well in advance about your sudden lack of strength.

You don't need carbs to do pushups..you need to do pushups...often
    Last edited by Richard Seekins; 03-04-2013 at 04:55 AM.
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Train to the test. When the day comes to retake it, don't change any of your habits. Such as if you have coffee or tea in the morning don't skip it the day of the test. Eat what you normally eat, don't add or subtract anything. The best way to succeed is to practice the same thing over and over again.

If it was due to eating primal/paleo you would have failed the test in Nov12 as well.

Start doing pushups every day so there's no surprise at test time.