Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Blood Pressure - Help page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    In the last week I've changed from real cream to coconut cream but I've only used it in coffee so far. Is reving up metabolism the same as reving up heart rate. Why don't I already know these things?
    Heart rate and body temp are two indicators of metabolic rate. But it doesn't sound like you are downing huge amounts of C oil enough to make this much of a factor. What you described about being able to feel your heart beat is how I feel after a heavily coconutty day.

I agree with emmie about high BP not being something you would feel. It's something that sneaks up on you. It's good to monitor these things from time to time. Most home kit monitors measure both BP and pulse and are under $20.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    OK. Thanks very much to you both. I'll get and use a BP kit. That will also serve to make me feel better when it's not high.

Quote Originally Posted by s-piper View Post
    Usually there aren't many symptoms of high blood pressure. Palpitations are heart rate instead.

Also, yes coffee absolutely can raise your blood pressure! It happens to me, and I'm not even a big coffee drinker. Your 2 cups a day would be a lot for me. I also prefer the Starbucks type drinks to your classic Cup-a-Joe. In other words, drinks that are mostly milk or water with just a shot of espresso, which has less caffine than slow brewed coffees.
    Even that much, though, I've found will raise my blood pressure into the pre-hypertension range. I gave up lattes for a few days and found my blood pressure back under 120/80.
    I can't guarantee that everyone will have this result, but it could be the coffee.
    Thanks s-piper, your words are pretty convincing. I'll try some days without and see if that helps any. That will be easy to do, with me it's mostly habit.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, that totally sounds like heart palpitations rather than high blood pressure to me.

"A palpitation is an abnormality of heartbeat that ranges from often unnoticed skipped beats or accelerated heartrate to very noticeable changes accompanied by dizziness or difficulty breathing. Heart palpitations can be symptoms of illnesses such as coronary heart disease, asthma, or emphysema.

Palpitations may be brought on by overexertion, stress, anxiety, panic,[1] adrenaline, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, cocaine, amphetamines, and other drugs, disease (such as hyperthyroidism and pheochromocytoma) or as a symptom of panic disorder and many other factors. "
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Yeah, that totally sounds like heart palpitations rather than high blood pressure to me.

"A palpitation is an abnormality of heartbeat that ranges from often unnoticed skipped beats or accelerated heartrate to very noticeable changes accompanied by dizziness or difficulty breathing. Heart palpitations can be symptoms of illnesses such as coronary heart disease, asthma, or emphysema.

Palpitations may be brought on by overexertion, stress, anxiety, panic,[1] adrenaline, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, cocaine, amphetamines, and other drugs, disease (such as hyperthyroidism and pheochromocytoma) or as a symptom of panic disorder and many other factors. "
    Oh Good Lord, magicmerl, and I was feeling so much better about it. My 'palpitations' last for several hours sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post

OK, now I've calmed down somewhat, Magicmerl, and thank you. I guess I'm going to have to take this seriously because I do believe you.

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Certain medications can cause palpitations too. Check for possible side effects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12