Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you cook eggs? page

NoMoreGrains is offline Member

How do you cook eggs?

Primal Fuel
    I use an omlette maker to cook my eggs, and I can do just about any type that could be made in a frying pan. The reason I choose to use an omlette maker, is not due to a fear of "fats" during the frying, but rather because I don't want to rely on refined/processed oils or butter. I've been wondering lately, is it worth revisiting the frying pan for cooking eggs, and if so, what fats are best? Can high quality, "virgin" oils be used in a high heat setting like a frying pan? How do you get the most out of your eggs, while using the most natural fats possible?

jimpag is offline Senior Member
    I scramble them with coconut oil and its awesome

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil and ghee are good choices. Bacon grease is a better one.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    I use butter in my frying pan. Makes the tastiest eggs I've ever had. (Butter is a natural fat, btw.)
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    Lard/bacon grease/tallow/butter. If I could eat the yolks I would have runny yolks every day. EVERY DAY!!! As it stands, I just fry the whites and add some veg or taco seasoning and salsa.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

jimpag is offline Senior Member
    Also, im pretty sure olive oil shouldnt be used for high heat cooking.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I burn the hell out of one side, messily flip it over and cook the yolk for about 10 seconds and sloppily transfer to a plate. Then sloppily transfer to my mouth.

I cook with coconut oil due to the lack of polyunsaturated fats and my dairy intolerance. I think that coconut oil is the healthiest cooking oil to use, although butter seems to work well for those who truly aren't harmed by dairy. There are also lard and tallow which are great but I rarely find myself using them.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara tootie View Post
    Lard/bacon grease/tallow/butter. If I could eat the yolks I would have runny yolks every day. EVERY DAY!!! As it stands, I just fry the whites and add some veg or taco seasoning and salsa.
    Why can't you eat the yolks?

And I scramble my eggs in butter and add cheese after. Or sometimes I fry it.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    Why can't you eat the yolks?

And I scramble my eggs in butter and add cheese after. Or sometimes I fry it.
    Digestive upset. Severe.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

beckinwolf is offline Member
    Sometimes I fry them in ghee, butter, or bacon grease sunny-side up style. Then sometimes I scramble them, and if I do, then I usually throw in some kind of cheese. Other times I hard-boil them the night before and eat them cold the next morning.
    Carpe Diem!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast