Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pickle juice

Hybrid View

Pickle juice

Someone in this thread, awhile back, said something about what you could do with pickle juice. I don't remember what it was but I do remember that it was both interesting and helpful. Does anyone recall it? I'm about to empty a jar of "no sugar added" pickles and I hate to throw the juice away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Someone in this thread, awhile back, said something about what you could do with pickle juice. I don't remember what it was but I do remember that it was both interesting and helpful. Does anyone recall it? I'm about to empty a jar of "no sugar added" pickles and I hate to throw the juice away.
    Sorry, I hadn't seen that thread. Does your jar also have no chemicals added? A number of people here make their own pickles and it doesn't sound very hard.

I don't know about the added chemicals, I just bought the "no sugar added" pickles to cut up for egg or tuna salad. All for convenience sake and to stay a little more primal.

all the liquid in store bought pickles is just vinegar, salt and dill

those also have splenda

so you really aren't wasting anything unless you just like pickle juice (and who doesn't like pickle juice?)
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    all the liquid in store bought pickles is just vinegar, salt and dill

those also have splenda

so you really aren't wasting anything unless you just like pickle juice (and who doesn't like pickle juice?)
    I like pickle juice - sweet prickle juice - and I don't sweat a little Splenda or Stevia.

Paleobird Guest
    Some people on the various fasting threads have explored using pickle juice as an electrolyte re-balancer. But salted water would probably do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Some people on the various fasting threads have explored using pickle juice as an electrolyte re-balancer. But salted water would probably do the same.
    I'm still fighting night leg cramps even though I take both magnesium and potassium. Wonder if the pickle juice would help? Probably taste better than salted water. Wonder how much I'd have to drink.

I'm still fighting night leg cramps even though I take both magnesium and potassium. Wonder if the pickle juice would help? Probably taste better than salted water. Wonder how much I'd have to drink.
    When I was having leg cramps, both when I was pregnant and later when going through menopause, it was vitamin E that brought it under control.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    When I was having leg cramps, both when I was pregnant and later when going through menopause, it was vitamin E that brought it under control.
    How much did you take?

How much did you take?
    When I was pregnant I took a few a day. During menopause I took a lot, but then it was also making my hot flashes disappear. I think up to half a dozen a day. But how it worked was if I took less, the symptoms would come back, and I would take more.

In the absence of pregnancy or menopause, which I think were causing an unusual need, I think one gelcap a day might be enough.