Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Pickle juice

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    1,035

    Pickle juice

    Someone in this thread, awhile back, said something about what you could do with pickle juice. I don't remember what it was but I do remember that it was both interesting and helpful. Does anyone recall it? I'm about to empty a jar of "no sugar added" pickles and I hate to throw the juice away.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norco, California
    Posts
    1,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Someone in this thread, awhile back, said something about what you could do with pickle juice. I don't remember what it was but I do remember that it was both interesting and helpful. Does anyone recall it? I'm about to empty a jar of "no sugar added" pickles and I hate to throw the juice away.
    Sorry, I hadn't seen that thread. Does your jar also have no chemicals added? A number of people here make their own pickles and it doesn't sound very hard.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    1,035
    I don't know about the added chemicals, I just bought the "no sugar added" pickles to cut up for egg or tuna salad. All for convenience sake and to stay a little more primal.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    9,572
    all the liquid in store bought pickles is just vinegar, salt and dill

    those also have splenda

    so you really aren't wasting anything unless you just like pickle juice (and who doesn't like pickle juice?)
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    all the liquid in store bought pickles is just vinegar, salt and dill

    those also have splenda

    so you really aren't wasting anything unless you just like pickle juice (and who doesn't like pickle juice?)
    I like pickle juice - sweet prickle juice - and I don't sweat a little Splenda or Stevia.

  6. #6
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Some people on the various fasting threads have explored using pickle juice as an electrolyte re-balancer. But salted water would probably do the same.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Some people on the various fasting threads have explored using pickle juice as an electrolyte re-balancer. But salted water would probably do the same.
    I'm still fighting night leg cramps even though I take both magnesium and potassium. Wonder if the pickle juice would help? Probably taste better than salted water. Wonder how much I'd have to drink.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I'm still fighting night leg cramps even though I take both magnesium and potassium. Wonder if the pickle juice would help? Probably taste better than salted water. Wonder how much I'd have to drink.
    When I was having leg cramps, both when I was pregnant and later when going through menopause, it was vitamin E that brought it under control.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    When I was having leg cramps, both when I was pregnant and later when going through menopause, it was vitamin E that brought it under control.
    How much did you take?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    How much did you take?
    When I was pregnant I took a few a day. During menopause I took a lot, but then it was also making my hot flashes disappear. I think up to half a dozen a day. But how it worked was if I took less, the symptoms would come back, and I would take more.

    In the absence of pregnancy or menopause, which I think were causing an unusual need, I think one gelcap a day might be enough.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •