Thread: Anyone using Coconut Vinegar? page

Mama~Mare is offline Member

Anyone using Coconut Vinegar?

DD and I went to the co~op yesterday and came across Coconut Vinegar. It's made with the sap of the coconut tree and claims to be rich in 17 aminos, FOS, B vitamins and a few other health claims (I don't feel like getting off my primal ass to get the bottle out of the pantry)

So, yes I picked up a bottle. It was that Co~op wow moment when you become mesmerized by a new product that sucks you into it's healthy claims. Then you get it home and ask yourself "What the Hell am I going to do with this!?"

It has a very strong salty flavor......

Is anyone using it? If yes, what are you doing with it? I'm thinking some type of coleslaw might be good. Or pickled veggies............anyone ever done that?

I want to stay away from adding anything sweet, but it's screaming for sweet to balance out it's sharpness

Paleobird Guest
    I love that stuff. I add it to my bone broth cooking. The strong salty flavor goes nicely there. I was also thinking about making some biltong with it.

Mama~Mare is offline Member
    Hi Paleobird! Thank you for your reply

What is Biltong?

I have never done bone broth............man I have a lot to learn!

Paleobird Guest
    Biltong is the South African version of jerky. They add an extra step before drying the meat of marinating it in vinegar overnight. It makes it very tender and yummy.

aerie is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I use it in bone broth too!
    The jerky sounds really yummy.

I also just drizzle/sprinkle it over my beef curries and it's a fantastic extra flavour edge.