Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inane comments rant page 2

bootson is offline Senior Member
    "Oh, nothing's better than fresh bread! How can you stand giving that up?"

So bread's better than steak now, eh? Oh.

abar is offline Junior Member
    LOL @ Metismomma, "I'm not even German"

I've kept my diet pretty quiet except for a few people that I trust. I'm still fighting the CW guilt for eating a dozen eggs every week and skin intact chicken, so I'm not quite ready for public scrutiny just yet. My friends have asked some questions, but haven't really been giving me any grief. Mostly they say "well, if you feel better..." and that's about it.

The funny part for me is that I have really divisive views on politics (libertarian to the extreme) and I'm used to getting a lot of crap from just about everybody, so I don't know why I'm so insecure about defending what I eat when it has been working so well for me.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    a) You will make $50,000 a year for the rest of your life. Everybody else you know will make $100,000
    b) you will make $150,000 a year, while everybody else makes $250,000

Most people chose option A, despite the fact that in option B they stood to make 100,000 more, they couldn't stand the fact that, even in this totally hypothetical situation, everybody else would make a lot more money than them. I don't remember the exact figures but that's the basic idea.
    REALLY?! Option A people make 2x as much as you but option B then only make 1.67x what you do! Strange.

Back to the OP my family sees me eating butter on veg or chicken skin and they all say something about how its "bad for me" or "will catch up" or something. I say... we will see. I mean my blood lipids are better yet the main person saying this had a ton of autoimmune issues and still wont give up grains!!! Me? My allergies are way better and I get less hives. I used to get random hives all the time... but now only sometimes. ARG.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

jadeocean is offline Member
    I'm so with you guys on this. I get all the time, from a close friend, "oh, yeah I forgot you don't eat normal stuff." As if normal foods are the ones in a box and mine are just plain weird! No one seems to get that I don't want my children drinking soda and eating sweets all the time and why do parents in my sons class feel like they can bring cookies for a "healthy snack" and I'm the bad mom who brings real food! It can be very frustrating!
    Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
    Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    My dad keeps telling me I look great after dropping 40 pounds, he knows I no longer eat wheat of any kind and rarely eat corn or rice yet today he said "a Little piece of cake won't hurt you" argh.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I had a coworker say to me "You think you know about healthy stuff what do you think about ________________" Already knowing it would go no where like an idiot I told her what I thought, and of course she couldn't handle it. Can't believe I was that dumb to be open about what I think about the silly crap she's doing. (I was careful not to phrase it as "silly crap", infact I didn't address what she was doing at all.) I even gave her several compromise options that she summarily rejected out of hand, like I knew she would.

It's frustrating.

This is not a stupid person, she's not chowderhead, she could get it if she choose to. She doesn't have to do it my way, she could research this stuff on her own. ( I told her to see a different doctor than the one who didn't help her.) It's frustrating to see people who are better than the choices they are making. My parents are like this too, they're so damn smart, international effing experts in their fields... but CW to the maximus... Mom makes frowny faces whenever the subject of me eating comes up. (Okay so I'm really into beef right now, but I'm down 3 pants sizes, and my blood pressure went from effing awful/down right dangerous, to pretty good.)

...my new standard answer is "I'm on the Top Secret Diet. I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you." and "No, you don't deserve to know what I'm doing." or "Why should I tell you? What's in it for me?"

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    My dad keeps telling me I look great after dropping 40 pounds, he knows I no longer eat wheat of any kind and rarely eat corn or rice yet today he said "a Little piece of cake won't hurt you" argh.
    The answer to that one is "Yeah, but it might hurt you." as you pull your punch a milimeter from his face.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    I usually avoid discussing nutrition and fitness with other people... for the most part, I'd rather not deal with it.
    I ended up arguing with a classmate about it last fall ... I finally ended up saying something to the effect of "you're a geologist -- do you or do you not believe in evolution??" and kinda left it there.
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

hutax is offline Member
    I never will understand why people want to critisize something that is successful. They always want to drag you down to where their failing ways. I guess it's their way of justifying how they live as not being wrong, if that makes any since. It's all about them, why can't they be GLAD that your doing something right rather than trying to drag you down. Dumba#$$es

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    People I work with generally eat healthy in the CW sort of way- and most everyone works out a bit too. Two of the more fit guys that I work with seem to be very unapproving of my "no grains, no sugars" WOE (that's my simplified way of telling people how I eat). I don't know why but I thought since they were both quite conscious of what and how they eat, plus very specific as to how/how much they work out that they'd be open-minded about my WOE. Nope. At different times both of them have exactly said, "You know that's really unhealthy for you, right?" One went on to say, "But what about the fiber?" I just shrug and say it's working for me. They don't push and I don't push.

Funny thing is, they never say that to our other coworkers who will sit down with a giant Philly cheese-steak and fries, or a BK super-duper whopper with a giant pop. But me, with my eggplant lasagna? Danger, Will Robinson!
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast