Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ~ *** Over 8 years problem: Help me be Fat & Heavy like you *** ~ page 3

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Go on a calorie restrictive diet.

Works for most people.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    seriously, people --- can u say troll?
    Winner!

kayell is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by straving2death View Post
    i don't finish my meals. im busy with more important things on my mind.
    One thing you'll have to do is convince yourself that finishing meals and eating enough is the most important thing you need to do for your health right now. If you can't convince yourself of the importance than it is possible you're looking at an eating disorder. In that case seek medical/psychological assistance.

i'm just tired. and after the time it takes to cook, im not at all hungry.
    You're tired because you are under/mal nourished. Your body isn't getting enough calories so it is slowing metabolism down to keep you alive.

If cooking is exhausting, starting eating more things that you can pick up ready made. Explore the deli counter for the good ready made meats. Eat cheese slices. Often delis have ready made veg and salad etc. Carry nuts with you and snack as often as possible. While I'm not an advocate of the junk food diet, at this point calories are more important for you than dietary purity.

I don't agree that you should junk food out. That certainly won't help your health, but carbing it up a bit with healthy things like nuked sweet potatoes loaded with butter would be a good idea. I'd also add butter to everything simply because it's a fast way to add calories and has some serious flavor appeal.

Even if you don't believe you have an underlying medical problem (hyperthyroidism is one possibility I can think of) you should get checked out by a doctor because the serious underweight can cause medical problems (see fatigue above.)

To get yourself to eat enough, you may need to eat very frequently in small amounts at first. Your body just isn't used to much food at a time. Carry snacks you like at all times, and eat as often as possible. Use a timer if need be. If you find you can't do this, again, might be time to get some help.

I'm dealing with my elderly mother who just doesn't have much enthusiasm for food, to the point where she would forget to eat for long periods (not dementia or Alzheimer's) She can be very like you, just not interested, too busy. By the time I moved up here she was under 100 lbs, had pneumonia and was sleeping 18 hours a day!

It took a long time to get her retrained to eat enough and for a while at the beginning her doc had to prescribe a med to increase appetite. Even then, very nutrient dense, frequent meals and snacks and GRADUAL building of slightly larger meals was necessary. For a while, it was taking her more than an hour to eat a small lunch. But patience was worth it. She's much healthier and more active and no longer needs to sleep all the time. Still, she needs to remember how important it really is to eat.

That's where you need to get to also. Food = life. Food = energy.

kayell is offline Junior Member
    Certainly seems possible. If I hadn't had to spend a lot of time feeding a seemingly perfectly rational person back into good health, I'd be very suspicious. I must say though, that my underweight mom didn't have the attitude problem.

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Wow what a way to come and ask for help.
    Not a nice title of your thread.

Sounds like you need professional help
    My thoughts exactly. What a rude and insulting title

Exactly what is "straving" and how can that lead you to death?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by desertcreature View Post
    Exactly what is "straving" and how can that lead you to death?
    I think the OP might be 8 years old...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    why?? how's that going to help at all??? where is your evidence to support??
    The book recommendations might help with your sentence structure. Reading seems to translate into better ability to express yourself with the written word. So yeah.... read some books

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Can we NOT feed the troll? (pun so not intended) and can we please stop bumping this thread?

janie is online now Senior Member
    This.

And agree w/Ayla re: the OP's rudeness as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast