Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lunch ideas for a plumber page 2

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    And I did forget to mention earlier that Lara bars are part of his daily snak as well.
    If you are on a budget, a peeled boiled egg, fruit and some nuts would probably just as satisfying and much cheaper. Or try and make your own. The bar things are what- $1.50- $2.00 in bulk? I paid $2.59 for one the other day when I forgot my eggs which cost about $.50 for two. That saves me what, $10 a week, which will buy me two nights of grassfed steaks.

What about homemade jerky?

Novel, convenient, tasty and healthy are hard to pull off.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    If you are on a budget, a peeled boiled egg, fruit and some nuts would probably just as satisfying and much cheaper. Or try and make your own. The bar things are what- $1.50- $2.00 in bulk? I paid $2.59 for one the other day when I forgot my eggs which cost about $.50 for two. That saves me what, $10 a week, which will buy me two nights of grassfed steaks.

What about homemade jerky?

Novel, convenient, tasty and healthy are hard to pull off.
    awesome thanks!
    Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.

Oh, and I just looked this up for brown vs. white rice...I'm so glad I got back on this site.
    Is Rice Unhealthy? | Mark's Daily Apple
    My husband is the poster child for needing the primal/paleo lifestyle. He's grain intolerant, dairy intolerant, and with all the rice we've been eating as of late, some of his intestinal reactions now make sense when we couldn't figure it out before. So...no more rice either!

ktgrok is offline Member
    I have often packed my husband's lunch, and these are two easy options:

-salad topped with some meat and cheese (either pulled pork, or pulled chicken, diced steak, taco seasoned meat, etc)
    or
    -snacky lunch, with hard boiled eggs, some salami, some cheese or nuts, some cherry tomatoes or carrots, and some form of fruit. It's like a healthy lunchable, lol. He loves it, and it can just go in a lunch box with an ice pack.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ktgrok View Post
    I have often packed my husband's lunch, and these are two easy options:

-salad topped with some meat and cheese (either pulled pork, or pulled chicken, diced steak, taco seasoned meat, etc)
    or
    -snacky lunch, with hard boiled eggs, some salami, some cheese or nuts, some cherry tomatoes or carrots, and some form of fruit. It's like a healthy lunchable, lol. He loves it, and it can just go in a lunch box with an ice pack.
    We both like this snacky lunch idea. This is kind of how we eat when hiking so I'm not sure by I didn't think of it before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12