Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: best stevia brand page 2

Timthetaco Guest
    Shop Now
    Prediction: In six months you'll be using regular sugar again.

Rhiannon8404 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    What makes you say this?

Timthetaco Guest
    It happens to a lot of people. You obsess over finding the most healthful alternative, non-caloric sweetener and then eventually realize you use so little of it in the first place there's no reason to not use regular sugar. Not only is it cheaper and generally tastier, all of us eat a very small amount of refined sugar compared to the general population anyway, so a bit of table sugar here and there won't have a measurably negative effect on our health.*

*notwithstanding what seems to be a remarkable number of posters on the forum for whom a single bite of sugar is a gateway drug to cake

Thanks for the reply. I don't use much sweetener in the first place, like I don't put it in coffee or in tea or whatever. I do use a bit of Xylitol occasionally to make my own chocolate bars from cocoa powder, coconut oil and vanilla or almond extract. My thought process is that I use so very little of it that I can afford to spring for the non-caloric sweetener.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Best stevia brand is no stevia brand. That stuff has the texture of dandruff and tastes like it too. Nasty. Use real sugar.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    I use Truvia. Some people don't like erythritol, but I have no issues with it and it seems to look good in studies.

Lately I've just been using a bit of organic sugar. It's not many calories and I just feel better having the natural stuff. Plus, by Grandma's rule, it's fine. My grandparents put real sugar and cream in the coffee and did just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bob loblaw View Post
    Plus, by Grandma's rule, it's fine. My grandparents put real sugar and cream in the coffee and did just fine.
    I think soon we're going to have to change this to Great-Grandma's rule. My grandmother, born in 1918, embraced every new convenience that was invented for housewives. Cake mixes, margarine, Crisco, etc.

Kbnel05 is offline Junior Member
    I use the SweetLeaf Sweet Drops Steviaclear. I only use it in my coffee and tea. It is super sweet, has no weird aftertaste, and the 4 FL oz bottle lasts for months. It is about 14 bucks at Natural Grocers. My wife and I tried several other brands trying to find a good flavor to accompany coffee; it is by far the best. Highly recommended.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    My DH switched to stevia for his coffee over 3 years ago.. he never went back, says sugar taste weird and has a naff aftertaste now if he has to use it for his coffee... plus with the amount of coffee he drinks... it wasent a insignificant amount of sugar he was using (2 rounded t-spoons per cup x about 10 cups a coffee a day adds up fast)
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    I use sweetleaf liquid drops and stevita granulated.

the sweetleaf drops do lend a weird taste/after taste at first but you get used to it after awhile. I dont use the regular drops though I always go for the vanilla cream. the regular sweetleaf is really not good.

stevita is awesome though. 1 packet is perfect for 16 oz. of liquid so have a packet for a standard cup of tea or coffee works very well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast