Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Living + Travel page 2

paul119 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for the response Lizzie - that's another excellent topic to look into. I know I've ordered a couple GF meals myself on airplanes, and was not at all impressed with the food (that might have more to do with it being airplane food, though).

Where are you headed to in SE Asia?
    Travel, eat well, and learn about life - three things I love to do

Curious about what YOU should pack next time you're on the road? Check out my Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I've had to travel to Phoenix twice in the last couple of months. I just try to not eat on travel days or eats nuts that I bring from home. Someone usually takes me out to dinner each night, but they seem to like restaurants where I can eat things I like. The toughest part is being in the actual office there during the day, where someone is always passing around cookies, candy etc. but I'm usually pretty good about trying to save my appetite for dinner.

Exercise though . . . I always have the best intentions but the time zone change and long days just wipe me out, so all of my plans to hit the gym in the am usually fall apart. Haven't had enough discipline to make that work.

MorganGirl is offline Member
    I just came here looking for this exact topic!

I'd really be interested in a list of great travel foods. I go on the horse show circuit starting this spring, where fair food and bbq is the norm. Lots of celebrations with junk food. I'll usually be gone three to four days on the road at a time, for many weeks over the season, so can have a cooler and food, but its in the heat in my truck. Any suggestions? I'm new to this, so trying to do this on the road seems like a big challenge.

Hi MorganGirl,

I'll be publishing a post about this within the next couple days - foods you can pack in a cooler and take with ya on the road. My most recent post The Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition - Travel 'n' Wellness might also give ya some ideas. If you have any more questions, please ask

Curious about what YOU should pack next time you're on the road? Check out my Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition

MorganGirl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paul119 View Post
    Hi MorganGirl,

I'll be publishing a post about this within the next couple days - foods you can pack in a cooler and take with ya on the road. My most recent post The Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition - Travel 'n' Wellness might also give ya some ideas. If you have any more questions, please ask

Thanks for the link to your post, really helpful, as believe it or not, I burn an incredible amount of calories showing my horse. Not as many as hiking all day I'm sure, as there is some "sit and wait" time in between classes, but lots of hard work each day. I hadn't thought of lots of dried fruits, that will help. As well as having a cooler with me, I can bring meats to throw on someone's bbq in the evening, I should be able to keep up my calories.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paul119 View Post
    Thanks for the response Lizzie - that's another excellent topic to look into. I know I've ordered a couple GF meals myself on airplanes, and was not at all impressed with the food (that might have more to do with it being airplane food, though).

Where are you headed to in SE Asia?
    Brunei.

And yeah, I prefer not to eat highly processed foods made with any number of bizarre GF flours so that's why I want to avoid ordering a standard GF airplane meal.

MorganGirl,

I just published a new post that may provide some additional ideas for what to pack while on the road this summer: Are You Planning a Grill Out? Here's How to Eat Like a King - Travel 'n' Wellness . Hopefully this is helpful!

LizzieLou,

Brunei?! Way cool. What brings you there? Sounds like a primal paradise to live in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12