Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still with the headaches.. page

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member

Still with the headaches..

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    UGH! So, headaches was one of the worst symptoms for me with gluten intolerance. When I first went primal, they disappeared like a thief in the night. Now, in the last week, they are coming back. I had a horrible migraine on thursday that actually woke me up at 2am and lasted until 11am. I have had some kind of headache almost every day this week.

My diet does not include dairy at this time.

What I do eat: Eggs, almonds, pecans, any kind of meat all veg, little to no fruit. I would think headaches are caused by something I'm eating, but three different days I have either woken up with a headache, or developed one before eating or drinking anything except water. No way this is hydration related. I drink over one gallon of water a day. They are always concentrated in the middle of my forehead and it just burns. What. The. Hell.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Your in Iowa? Find a Palmer graduate. That will likely eliminate your migraine and headache troubles since you've already removed most dietary contributors.

So you think it could be structural?

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    So you think it could be structural?
    Could be. If you eliminated the chemical causes and your still getting them.... With migraines and headaches its usually either chemical/hormonal or structural. Seems to me you have already eliminated the predominate chemical causes. There are other differentials like brain lesions or circulatory issues, but these tend to account for a minority of headaches (less than 20% certainly).

BRAIN TUMOR! Haha, just kidding. I'm trying to talk my way into full time work at my job. Maybe if I can get that and the benefits that come with it I'll go see someone.

Bahahahahahahaha. Thanks for that. Good movie.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Are you getting enough minerals? During the summer I drink a crapload of water (I work outside in the desert), and if I don't have a little coconut water or some other source of electrolytes, I can get one mother of a headache.

I also routinely take 400mg of magnesium in the morning and before bed. Not so much for standard headaches but to prevent migraines.

Also, is it possible you're accidentally ingesting some hidden gluten? I've seen it in some of the stupidest places.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

krsn89 is offline Member
    I agree with RitaRose about the minerals/electrolytes. I am currently in ketosis... I'm not sure if you may be as well... But if I don't get enough sodium and/or potassium, I get the worst headaches. I have to add salt or NoSalt to everything. I also try and drink chicken bouillon every day.

Magnesium also helped me a lot! I had to stop taking it because my stomach couldn't handle it but it was helping me with headaches, cramping in the legs and also calms you.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    try bone broth.....you might be low on sodium -- particularly if your carbs are low, your body requires additional salt. If you don't make bone broth, Mark recommends a bouillon cube 1 - 2 x per day. /lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast