Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All this meat... Can I substitute? page 2

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    One way to calculate base protein needs is to multiply weight in pounds by .37 or weight in Kilos by .8. Add a little more if you are a heavy exerciser.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    If you donít eat your meat, you canít have any pudÖ ahem; berries or fruit!!!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Vary your sources. Shellfish and bivalves are a great way to break it up. Eggs can replace some of your meats. Experiment with animals you have not eaten before if you want. Try the odd bits like liver, kidney, heart, and bone marrow. Learn how to cook.... for real... herbs, spices, and sauces add health and variety. Use homemade broth for stews and sauces. Different methods... slow smoked, braised, baked, fried, RAW... all good. Make one dish meals with fatty meats over a bed of veggies. Thats my advice anyhow.

You can throw a low meat day or meal in once in a while if you like....

"When the hunt fails we eat plants.... " - Some Hunter Gatherer
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 03-02-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    What meats are you eating. I'd suggest exploring a wider range of meats to get the most different tastes possible. You want to be 65-70% fats, 25% protien, 15% carbs. Use a nutrition tracker like paleotrack.com. It's hard for me to understand someone not liking meat, although I know there are many that don't, unless you're opposed to killing animals.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Yes, more kinds of meat and maybe you need to learn to cook them in ways that mean you will actually enjoy eating them.

Long slow cooking makes meat tender. Marinating also tenderises as well as infusing various flavours. Different presentation can increase the appeal too.

peril is offline Senior Member
    f you really don't want to eat animal/bird/reptile/fish/mollusc/insect/... protein then you have to take a semi-primal approach and get your protein from legumes and other seed like sources. I know which of the two is the more varied and flavour and textural ruts just mean you're not exploring enough alternatives. Your choice of course. If you want to drop the meat then eat legumes
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

DDisNow is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all the comments and suggestions guys & girls.
    It's not that I completely wanna stop eating meat/fish, but I may not want to eat it everyday, 2-3 times a day. 3 maybe 4 times a week is enough for me.
    And I appreciate the various cooking/preparation methods suggested to keep variety, but I know myself too well... It's not gonna happen.
    So the way I see it on days I don't consume meat, just up the intake of fats and protein from eggs, avocados, bacon etc... pretty much eat more of everything else. Correct?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Bacon is meat.

I guess its possible to eat less meat, but then apart from eggs (are you going to eat them?) how would you get your protein high enough?
    I guess if you want to be semi primal you could do legumes.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    f you really don't want to eat animal/bird/reptile/fish/mollusc/insect/... protein then you have to take a semi-primal approach and get your protein from legumes and other seed like sources. I know which of the two is the more varied and flavour and textural ruts just mean you're not exploring enough alternatives. Your choice of course. If you want to drop the meat then eat legumes
    Opps you beat me too it lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12