Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: RowdyTike is in the cave! page 9

Patti is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Rowdy, I have thoroughly enjoyed my visit to your cave, even laughing out loud sometimes. Thanks for keeping the fire burning.

Have you thought of making an emergency hunting kit to keep in your desk? Perhaps stock it with some nuts, pumpkin seeds, raisins and a little square of dark chocolate? Maybe even seal the tin with tape to keep driving rain and those with the urge to casually snack out of it. This way if some saber-toothed tiger gets your lunch on the way into work, you'll still have the energy to make it back to the cave.

RowdyTike43 is offline Member
    Sage words my cave sister. I do need to keep some primal food at my desk, the Sugar-Tooth tiger has gotten to close for comfort lately. I picked up a salad the other day and the lady threw in a deadly Chocolate-Chip-a-saurs in there, I had to quickly find a Mad S.A.D.er to give it to before it bit. I did not succumb though! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    Rowdy, I have thoroughly enjoyed my visit to your cave, even laughing out loud sometimes. Thanks for keeping the fire burning.

Have you thought of making an emergency hunting kit to keep in your desk? Perhaps stock it with some nuts, pumpkin seeds, raisins and a little square of dark chocolate? Maybe even seal the tin with tape to keep driving rain and those with the urge to casually snack out of it. This way if some saber-toothed tiger gets your lunch on the way into work, you'll still have the energy to make it back to the cave.
    I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

RowdyT

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Love the humor RowdyT! Looking forward to visiting your cave again in the near future!
    Grok on rock dweller!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Patti is offline Senior Member
    Well done for resisting the temptation of that tricky Chocolate-Chip-a-saur! I'm whipping up a batch of Kale Chips to fend off the next assault of my cave by the SAD Valley dwellers.

Good luck hunting today!

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyTike43 View Post
    words my cave sister. I do need to keep some primal food at my desk, the Sugar-Tooth tiger has gotten to close for comfort lately. I picked up a salad the other day and the lady threw in a deadly Chocolate-Chip-a-saurs in there, I had to quickly find a Mad S.A.D.er to give it to before it bit. I did not succumb though! Yay!

Thanks alot double "P", come by anytime, I will keep the fire going for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Primate View Post
    Love the humor RowdyT! Looking forward to visiting your cave again in the near future!
    Grok on rock dweller!

RowdyT

Hello Patti,

I love Kale Chips, but my attempt to make them was a Kale-travesty, so I started to buy them from Whole-Soy-Foods. Not many varieties, but they have one thing in common, they all use seed oils. Booo.

QUOTE=Patti;1146699]Well done for resisting the temptation of that tricky Chocolate-Chip-a-saur! I'm whipping up a batch of Kale Chips to fend off the next assault of my cave by the SAD Valley dwellers.

Good luck hunting today![/QUOTE]

RowdyT

My fellow cave dwellers, I am glad I made back to the cave, because I need the soothing ointments of "Hey your not crazy" and "Stick with it RT!" that only the cave can provide. I barely made it back to the warmth fires of Grok from this weekends stroll through the land of S.A.D. It began on Friday, I had made it through most of the day without the loincloth being soiled and sullied with SAD attacks and then the Running Man (you know the ones who stay thin and eat what the want 'cause they run everywhere!) calls me. "Hey Grokin" (not a fully formed Grok, but getting there, in other words me) So I go to see what he wants and I walk headlong into SAD-bush! "Hey help yourself! Come on we are trying to get rid of this stuff!" They are launching SAD spears at me driving me toward a pit filled with Sugar Tooth tigers, Cake-certops and Pastry-dactyls! This is the exact moment the SAD hulk in me awakens and I find a plated full of dangers in my hand. Shivering like an addict at my desk, I began to try and talk myself down, but it doesn't work the plate stays close, as I make a decision to take the treats home. In the words of the immortal Calculon "Nooooooo!" Here is the triumph of public transportation, I didn't want to look like a total loser holding a flimsy plate of baked goods for an hour, so I left the plate on my desk at work over the weekend. That was Friday now Saturday; Scheduled to help a friend move. I have to say in the last seven years, I have not done as much heavy lifting as did that day! The Golden Moment of that day; after 6 hours of work, my 14 year old turns to me and says "Dad how are you not tired, I am beat." I just smiled and thought; the power of the cave young one! The power of the cave! Moving done, basking in the glow of outlasting my offspring, my friend rewards us with KFC! I asked for grilled chicken and he gets it! Win right?! Wrong!!! I start to feel like dino crap on the way home, so once I arrive I peruse the KFC nutrition site and commence to rage! Even the grilled chicken has MSG and flour!!! How is this possible darn it??!! Suffice to say, I return to the cave wearing scars and I have not yet told the tale of the game night that followed. Happily downing meatballs and I mention these are good and someone next to me says "Right and they are not even beef!" "Why do hate me SADers, WHY????
    Sorry for the rant, but let this serve as a cautionary tale my fellow cavers.

RowdyT

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Rowdy T welcome back - you can do this. I have also fallen off the wagon many times lately - but I am adamant I AM getting back on that horse - so if this saggy baggy wrinkled old Gwamma can - so can you !!!!!!!!!!
    well done !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Thanks for the vote of confidence Gwamma and if that is you in your avatar photo, then me likes the saggy and baggy! In other words, you look great!!! (Imagine Tony the Tiger here!)

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Rowdy T welcome back - you can do this. I have also fallen off the wagon many times lately - but I am adamant I AM getting back on that horse - so if this saggy baggy wrinkled old Gwamma can - so can you !!!!!!!!!!
    well done !!!!!!!

RowdyT

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Start thinking about keeping a stash of paleo foods at work. Even if you just bring a spare tupperware with eggs, bbq'd meat, veggies or whatever. Store them in the fridge at work and refer to them as "tomorrow's lunch". That way if you get tempted you can just go grab something that'll cover you and worse comes to worse you can just bring an actual tomorrow's lunch when tomorrow comes.... if that all makes sense. Think about doing 30 days of very low sugar. I'm talking under 50 grams of sugar a day. It'll help kick the craving!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast