Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 104

Thread: RowdyTike is in the cave! page 8

  1. #71
    RowdyTike43's Avatar
    RowdyTike43 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    67
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey what's up man?! Sorry I was lurking in the dark parts of the cave, trying to hack somethings in my diet to see what's what. I started using My Fitness Acquaintance to track my calories. I am usually under to lose, but my fat(avg 110g) and protein (89g) are still pretty up there. I guess I can link it right and let my fellow cavers help me out? Plus I really miss the fire, stories and the Sugar-o-saures have been nipping at my heels lately, so I definitely need the encouragement. Thanks man for coming back into the dark recesses of the cave to find me.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Tike! Come back to the cave!
    I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

    RowdyT

  2. #72
    ecks's Avatar
    ecks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,322
    Fat and protein should be high- especially when starting out. My first month was a buffet of animal. It'll level out! Glad tosee you're still around. So long as you're active on the board I will keep checking in on you buddy!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

  3. #73
    NZ primal Gwamma's Avatar
    NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,183
    Rowdy T - Gwamma is pleased to see you back.
    I also think you need to move your stuff to the mouth of the cave - not as dark there !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

  4. #74
    RowdyTike43's Avatar
    RowdyTike43 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    67
    Good looking out man, it's much appreciated. That initial bit of loss makes you yearn for more you know?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Fat and protein should be high- especially when starting out. My first month was a buffet of animal. It'll level out! Glad tosee you're still around. So long as you're active on the board I will keep checking in on you buddy!
    I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

    RowdyT

  5. #75
    RowdyTike43's Avatar
    RowdyTike43 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    67
    Thanks Gwamma! It's good to be by the fire again and I will try to leave the baby Tri-Dairy-A-Tops out in the open for all to see and help me banish. Long live the cavers!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Rowdy T - Gwamma is pleased to see you back.
    I also think you need to move your stuff to the mouth of the cave - not as dark there !!!!!!!
    I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

    RowdyT

  6. #76
    ecks's Avatar
    ecks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,322
    Winter will be over in less than a month. Patience is needed. You're doing well tike!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

  7. #77
    ecks's Avatar
    ecks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,322
    What you up to brother? Don't tell me you're giving up already! You should consider daily food posts. When I started the accountability kept me in the cave. For a while I made decisions based on what I would have to say to an expecting crowd if I ate it. I'd pick up something from the land of SAD and go what would _____ say if they saw the crap I'm putting into me.

    Consider it! And come back to the cave... we cook with fire
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

  8. #78
    RowdyTike43's Avatar
    RowdyTike43 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    67
    Dude yup are so right! I've been tempted, but have not yet returned to the valley of SAD. Thanks for keeping me honest E, what would I do without you. I think it would be good to let whoever comes by my fire, critique my daily hunts, so I can get my full Grok on.


    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    What you up to brother? Don't tell me you're giving up already! You should consider daily food posts. When I started the accountability kept me in the cave. For a while I made decisions based on what I would have to say to an expecting crowd if I ate it. I'd pick up something from the land of SAD and go what would _____ say if they saw the crap I'm putting into me.

    Consider it! And come back to the cave... we cook with fire
    I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

    RowdyT

  9. #79
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    How about instead of thinking about being "stuck in the valley of SAD for 8 hours a day", as you say in your sig, how about if you think of it as going for a hunting expedition in the land of SAD, during which you spear a nice big fat paycheck and drag the dismembered groceries home to the cave?

    That way it is definitely separate from where you live, it's just a place you go to make a living. It has nothing to do with you. Those donuts the co-workers are eating are no more relevant to your life than the grass an antelope is browsing on matters to a lion. You are only there to hunt.

    And yes, the cave would be a duller place without you my friend.

  10. #80
    RowdyTike43's Avatar
    RowdyTike43 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    67
    Thanks Paleobird! That made me mist up a bit, but you are right my outlook could be more positive and thank you for your kind words.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    How about instead of thinking about being "stuck in the valley of SAD for 8 hours a day", as you say in your sig, how about if you think of it as going for a hunting expedition in the land of SAD, during which you spear a nice big fat paycheck and drag the dismembered groceries home to the cave?

    That way it is definitely separate from where you live, it's just a place you go to make a living. It has nothing to do with you. Those donuts the co-workers are eating are no more relevant to your life than the grass an antelope is browsing on matters to a lion. You are only there to hunt.

    And yes, the cave would be a duller place without you my friend.
    I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

    RowdyT

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •