Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: RowdyTike is in the cave! page 6

RowdyTike43 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Alright fellow cave dwellers, it's confession time. My fire is a little low as, I have dragged the cow back to cave something furious this last week. Cheese is my paleo kryptonite. Sure I have been buying full fat heavy cream and trying to buy raw and hard cheeses' whenever possible, but I am still consuming to much of the dairy stuff. I am working getting the cow out of the cave, but the SAD gnomes keep bring the cheese into few. I was shopping at Whole Foods today when I saw my favorite type of meat; barbecue!!! I was so happy! I was getting ready to order and the guy behind the counter offered me a sample (instant best ftw). As he was slicing and dicing I took a cursory glance at the ingredients for the marinade and at the end my face fell. soybean oil!!!
    "How could you Captain Soy Slinger???!!, it's barbecue!!! barbecue!!! and we were best friends. I was going to exchange numbers, we were going to hang and everything, but no not now, because you put soybean oil on Tri-tip and now I hate you.
    I apologize I got a little carried away, hate is such a strong word. It wasn't his fault that Whole Foods thinks soy is awesome.
    Regretfully I did not sample the meat and I say regretfully because...you know...it was Tri-tip.
    I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

RowdyT

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    good for you Rowdy seems like a mighty challenge to walk away!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    guess you know what that means? You'll have to start some bbq of your own! Mmm... BBQ
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    We non-soy people have to stand on our high principles! Good for you! And why does it have to be in just about every single brand of dark chocolate?!?!?!?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

It absolutely was jacmac, it absolutely was!

Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    good for you Rowdy seems like a mighty challenge to walk away!

RowdyT

Or you could swing through and hook it up ecks! In any case what do you suggest for a rub? I mean I know my basics, but what can us cave dwellers use to get the sweet in the meat?

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    guess you know what that means? You'll have to start some bbq of your own! Mmm... BBQ

RowdyT

I concur, but it's not in dark chocolate, I was trying to buy kale chip snacks at Whole Soy Square Foods and they all had grain oils.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    We non-soy people have to stand on our high principles! Good for you! And why does it have to be in just about every single brand of dark chocolate?!?!?!?

RowdyT

Oh yes! I see, to make sure it stays cool!! (wink)

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    so long as said loincloth has a wee pocket on the outside !!!!!!

RowdyT

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RowdyTike43 View Post
    Or you could swing through and hook it up ecks! In any case what do you suggest for a rub? I mean I know my basics, but what can us cave dwellers use to get the sweet in the meat?
    This past christmas i did a couple of brisket on my smoker using no sugar, just salt, pepper, garlic, chili powder and paprika. It didn't form the glazy crust, but it was tasty all the same. smoked with a good heavy dose of hickory.... my mouth is watering just thinking about it... must be time fer anuthern!

Thanks ssn679doc, I have tried it with those same ingredients and it is good, but the southern boy in me misses the sweet side something fierce. By the way what type of smoker do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    This past christmas i did a couple of brisket on my smoker using no sugar, just salt, pepper, garlic, chili powder and paprika. It didn't form the glazy crust, but it was tasty all the same. smoked with a good heavy dose of hickory.... my mouth is watering just thinking about it... must be time fer anuthern!

RowdyT

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast