Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RowdyTike is in the cave! page 5

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Know what one of my fave dinners is? Steak with cinnimon... Try it dude. It'll cover at least the cinnimon portion of your craving. So good!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

drjoyous is online now Senior Member
    Hi RowdyTyke-- Thank you for welcoming us into YOUR cave!
    Suggestion--i too am a sugar lover. I've cured most of it--meaning that I can pass it by with little or no interest. Except ice cream. Ohhhhh, that is tooo hard. Someone on one of these forums (i think it was paleobird, mighta been sbhikes...) gave two bits of advice to someone else that has been HUGELY helpful to me--an extra arrow in my quiver when that beast is at the door... (1) If you are hungry, ask yourself if you want a piece of MEAT. If you don't, you're not hungry. If you do, GO EAT A PIECE OF MEAT. Rinse and repeat... until you don't want the sugar any more. (2) Eat more protein. Sugar *seems* to be a desire when the body needs more protein. But i'm a post-menopausal woman, so that may be hormones or something like that. I went from pre-PB vegetarian eating less than 20 grams of protein a day to a 18%bf meat eater eating up to 1.5 POUNDS of meat a day. And EVERYTHING is better.
    Good luck--we've got your back here in the forum. Sometimes we get a little contentious, but with your username, I suspect you won't have ANY problem with that! And I, for one, like rowdy humor...

RowdyTike43 is offline Member
    Hey ecks, do you marinade that with cinnamon or do you add it whilst cooking?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Know what one of my fave dinners is? Steak with cinnimon... Try it dude. It'll cover at least the cinnimon portion of your craving. So good!

Thanks drjoyous for stopping by my flame with some sage advice, definitely needed some extra arrows for my quiver. I think I will have to cook some bacon and bring it into the SAD valley of work.
    Quote Originally Posted by drjoyous View Post
    Hi RowdyTyke-- Thank you for welcoming us into YOUR cave!
    Suggestion--i too am a sugar lover. I've cured most of it--meaning that I can pass it by with little or no interest. Except ice cream. Ohhhhh, that is tooo hard. Someone on one of these forums (i think it was paleobird, mighta been sbhikes...) gave two bits of advice to someone else that has been HUGELY helpful to me--an extra arrow in my quiver when that beast is at the door... (1) If you are hungry, ask yourself if you want a piece of MEAT. If you don't, you're not hungry. If you do, GO EAT A PIECE OF MEAT. Rinse and repeat... until you don't want the sugar any more. (2) Eat more protein. Sugar *seems* to be a desire when the body needs more protein. But i'm a post-menopausal woman, so that may be hormones or something like that. I went from pre-PB vegetarian eating less than 20 grams of protein a day to a 18%bf meat eater eating up to 1.5 POUNDS of meat a day. And EVERYTHING is better.
    Good luck--we've got your back here in the forum. Sometimes we get a little contentious, but with your username, I suspect you won't have ANY problem with that! And I, for one, like rowdy humor...

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Mix it with salt, pepper, paprika, and your fave cooking fat and coat both sides of your steak evenly then cook. I promise you everyone in the cave will fall in love with these steaks!

Make sure your steaks are close to room temp when you cook them. leaving them to marinade outside of the fridge for 30 mins should do the trick!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I will try that stat, cave doctor!!! Please say hi to Nurse Beef for me will ya!

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Mix it with salt, pepper, paprika, and your fave cooking fat and coat both sides of your steak evenly then cook. I promise you everyone in the cave will fall in love with these steaks!

Make sure your steaks are close to room temp when you cook them. leaving them to marinade outside of the fridge for 30 mins should do the trick!
    I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

RowdyT

I met with a group of parents in Portland and they said there would be lite breakfast foods. I didn't eat when I got up this morning, because I wasn't hungry. I thought I would be able to grab something there. I know I forgot that I was in the valley of SAD. Want to know the worse part...they had cinnamon rolls there and bagels. AArrrrghhh!!! I got out of there, hearing the calls of Sugar-saurs, as my SAD hulk rage against the walls of my stomach. Hard days in the valley of SAD my friends.

RowdyT

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Rowdy T - you gotta love them SAD sayers !!!!!!!

next time take a wee boiled egg and sit in a corner.............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Good idea NZ!!!! That would make an awesome snack to carry in the old loincloth!

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Rowdy T - you gotta love them SAD sayers !!!!!!!

next time take a wee boiled egg and sit in a corner.............

RowdyT

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RowdyTike43 View Post
    Good idea NZ!!!! That would make an awesome snack to carry in the old loincloth!
    so long as said loincloth has a wee pocket on the outside !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast