Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RowdyTike is in the cave! page 4

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey Man! Kickin ass an d takin names. Gotta ask though- being real- what are your goals here? here for weight? Sleep? I'd love to hear the real story! That is if you don't mind.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

RowdyTike43 is offline Member
    We will tend those wounds in the cave, so you can fight the tiger another day Siobahn.

Thanks for the welcome marcadav, can you believe we have a sun today?

Thanks NZG!.

Ecks, you are so right bro I will break it down right here and now.
    Long post coming up, so you may want to gather some more wood for the fire. I started my primal journey because of health reasons HBP and the like; I also got tired of what I saw in the mirror. When I last went to the doctor I weighed 330lbs. That was some time in September 2012. I, like alot of my fellow cave dwellers, was looking for something new for 2013, so I search around the Inter-web and landed on MDA. Did some reading hoover around for a bit, then I came across yours, Sabine and a few others that helped me to decide to walk away from the SAD world and enter the cave.
    Stats: SW: 308 (1/16/13), CW: 290 (today), GW: 200 (full of muscle by years end.). I am 5' 10". Currently I am trying to IF like a moefoe and stay up under 2000 calories a day.
    Hey man, thanks for reminding me to put it out there.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Hey! Love that you're putting it out there... One suggestion is to leave fasting alone until you're a few months into paleo... You've gotta give your body time to adjust or it will fight back. That being said you are killing it professionally. Just keep in mind that your body needs fuel to burn your stores.

While we're here and at it I want to point you to a documentary on youtube: "The Skinny On Obesity" by Robert Lustig. It's broken into 7 parts and can get redundant at times but I think it'll help you more with gearing food choices for a successful weightloss. Lustig isn't paleo per say but his views are so close in line that he's considered to be a highly praised figure in the paleo world. After that check out "Fathead". It's a follow up to super size me. It's chalk full of history as to how the low fat movement came about and talks further about why it doesn't work

Glad to see you're killing it professionally! Those first 40lbs will be your easiest but don't get discouraged the rest will follow!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Thanks for the advice Ecks, you're the man!

Metric is offline Senior Member
    RT - just found your journal. Very entertaining! Subscribed. I'll be keeping tabs too. Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my fire Metric, you are welcome anytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    RT - just found your journal. Very entertaining! Subscribed. I'll be keeping tabs too. Welcome!

I went out into the valley of SAD today to put in 8 hours, so that I would have stones to trade to pay for my cave and other things, most of you know what I am talking about any who. I was trying to make it to dinner tonight so I could continue my primal ways with some organic ground beef, but I caught a whiff of something on the air; Cinnamon bread, My inner SAD beast woke up and like the Hulk trapped in a tiny room, it was banging on the walls of my stomach. SAD Hulk was rising to the surface and since I was not home in the cave or didn't have any primal snacks with me, I am force to try and drown the beast in water. Arghhh why won't you die SAD Hulk!!!!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast