Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 104

Thread: RowdyTike is in the cave! page 10

  1. #91
    drjoyous's Avatar
    drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    south lake tahoe, california
    Posts
    158
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Rowdy--Others have great words of wisdom and suggestions, and i don't have better ones to add. Just know that you're helping us (ME!) as much as we are helping you stay on track. You remind me that I am not alone in my own battles!

  2. #92
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    When doing battle with the sugar-sauruses while hunting in the Land of SAD, there is no trustier weapon to have at hand than a spoonful of pure fat. While I agree with Choco that eating huge amount of pure fat on a ongoing basis is not a great idea, as a transitional thing in order to kick those craving to the curb, it is very effective.

    Start keeping a jar of coconut oil in your desk drawer for such battles (no refrigeration needed) or keeping a stick of kerrygold butter in the fridge. I tbs of pure fat has roughly 100 calories but it shuts down the hunger alarms and sugar cravings like nobody business.

  3. #93
    RowdyTike43's Avatar
    RowdyTike43 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    67
    Sage words brother, I will try that. I usually just bring lunch as I am trying not snack, but like I said this was kind of an ambush! Just crazy town!

    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Start thinking about keeping a stash of paleo foods at work. Even if you just bring a spare tupperware with eggs, bbq'd meat, veggies or whatever. Store them in the fridge at work and refer to them as "tomorrow's lunch". That way if you get tempted you can just go grab something that'll cover you and worse comes to worse you can just bring an actual tomorrow's lunch when tomorrow comes.... if that all makes sense. Think about doing 30 days of very low sugar. I'm talking under 50 grams of sugar a day. It'll help kick the craving!
    I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

    RowdyT

  4. #94
    RowdyTike43's Avatar
    RowdyTike43 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    67
    Thanks drjoyous, I appreciate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by drjoyous View Post
    Hi Rowdy--Others have great words of wisdom and suggestions, and i don't have better ones to add. Just know that you're helping us (ME!) as much as we are helping you stay on track. You remind me that I am not alone in my own battles!
    I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

    RowdyT

  5. #95
    RowdyTike43's Avatar
    RowdyTike43 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    67
    Thanks PBird, you always have outstanding practicals! Here is the issue I have with coconut oul; the smell, I try to tuck into a tablespoon and I am gagging at the smell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    When doing battle with the sugar-sauruses while hunting in the Land of SAD, there is no trustier weapon to have at hand than a spoonful of pure fat. While I agree with Choco that eating huge amount of pure fat on a ongoing basis is not a great idea, as a transitional thing in order to kick those craving to the curb, it is very effective.

    Start keeping a jar of coconut oil in your desk drawer for such battles (no refrigeration needed) or keeping a stick of kerrygold butter in the fridge. I tbs of pure fat has roughly 100 calories but it shuts down the hunger alarms and sugar cravings like nobody business.
    I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

    RowdyT

  6. #96
    Primal Primate's Avatar
    Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    296
    Rowdy,
    I've fallen off the wagon, hit the log, flopped through the branches and landed on my head a time or two when traveling through the land of SAD. The nice thing is the path back to the cave is pretty well marked and you are always welcome home again. I know what you mean about the guy who can eat anything and not gain a pound... my brother in law to be is one of those guys. He eats MacDonald's and Wendy's like it is going out of style and not a pound gained. This weekend he texted me a picture of himself with a fork and an entire pan of flapper pie (used to be my fav. dessert). I almost grabbed my club and thumped him for it!
    Grok on rock dweller all is well!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

    "Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

  7. #97
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RowdyTike43 View Post
    Thanks PBird, you always have outstanding practicals! Here is the issue I have with coconut oul; the smell, I try to tuck into a tablespoon and I am gagging at the smell.
    You can get the refined kind of CO if you are not partial to the smell or you can get pure MCT oil. Or just go for the butter snax. I find I go through phases where CO is delicious and others where I find it gag worthy. I don't know why that happens but I try to honor my body's wishes about that.

  8. #98
    BisonWoman's Avatar
    BisonWoman is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    38
    Wow. This is great info. Thanks!

  9. #99
    RowdyTike43's Avatar
    RowdyTike43 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    67
    Thanks for the understanding double "P". Yeah the Running People are like the Joker to my Batman. Hello I would like to save my joints for old age, thank you very much! I don't know what flapper pie is, send me a picture of it! (joking Primal P, put down the bison femur!) I am glad you didn't thump him, you could have gone to SAD jail and been given three SAD's a day!

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Primate View Post
    Rowdy,
    I've fallen off the wagon, hit the log, flopped through the branches and landed on my head a time or two when traveling through the land of SAD. The nice thing is the path back to the cave is pretty well marked and you are always welcome home again. I know what you mean about the guy who can eat anything and not gain a pound... my brother in law to be is one of those guys. He eats MacDonald's and Wendy's like it is going out of style and not a pound gained. This weekend he texted me a picture of himself with a fork and an entire pan of flapper pie (used to be my fav. dessert). I almost grabbed my club and thumped him for it!
    Grok on rock dweller all is well!
    I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

    RowdyT

  10. #100
    RowdyTike43's Avatar
    RowdyTike43 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    67
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome BisonWoman, you haven't seen anything yet!!! Cave Dwellers such as PaleoBird (Who is the cave shawwoman!), My main Canadian brother ecks (A level million food mage) and NZ primal Gwamma (The Queen of Uplift) pack double-barreled shots of wisdom on the regular. Come near to the fire and sit at their feet, I know I do!

    Quote Originally Posted by BisonWoman View Post
    Wow. This is great info. Thanks!
    Last edited by RowdyTike43; 04-09-2013 at 07:57 AM. Reason: I no spel so grate!
    I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

    RowdyT

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •