Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I really use this much fat? page 2

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    a gallon of olive oil to a recipe for shits
    is right! I don't think even my fat-awesome tract could nab every bit as it flew through. I'd be on the throne awhile!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

tiva is offline Junior Member
    It's a great side dish, especially for nutritional ketosis. 1/6 of the recipe, according to the spark recipe calculator, has 446 calories, 41 grams of fat, 10.2 net carbs, 10.9 grams of protein. 83% of the calories are from fat, which is ideal for NK. A small serving, of course, is the right idea!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Holy crap, that's a lot of olive oil. I love fat, but I would have cut the oil down to 2 tablespoons and done half the cheese. It's okay to substitute a cheese you like better, too. Cream cheese and sharp cheddar would make a nice blend, perhaps with some fresh parmesan.

That recipe would have cleaned me right out.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    How can anyone hate goat cheese? Goat cheese is so tangy and delicious. It's just so expensive...
    I hate all goat products from the store shelf. Fresh goat products on the other hand... let me atem'
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    "so rich I could only eat a small portion" - that's the idea I guess, eat only a small portion, be sated, be happy and healthy!

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    I made this last week and yeah, the recipe calls for way too much of everything. I only used half the amount of goat cheese (on a large spaghetti squash) and just used my own judgement on the butter/oil, and it was still too rich. I'm not fat phobic, this recipe is just excessive. Great flavor combos, so I'll probably make it again but with a quarter of what's called for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12