Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primal Journal: Desertcreature page 3

Shop Now
    Two quotes from Winston Churchill:
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" and “Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts”
    I confess I sometimes have that loss of enthusiasm after a failure, but I am convinced that if I fall off the wagon, I only need to stop it from rolling away and get back on.

Thank you drjoyous - I won't be giving up!
    I do notice that I stop coming to this site when I'm doing poorly. I should think of this community like AA meetings - my friends who keep going even when times are tough are the ones who are successful at staying sober. The ones who stop going after a slip, well, we know where that can end up.
    "Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have'. Do you understand?" - Ron Swanson

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE those quotes--i must write them down...
    Glad to see you're back. Keep coming back, even when you feel yourself "avoiding" the forums...they are supportive, and you'll be able simply to avoid those whose advice hits you wrong (at the moment). You will have your "up" times, but your "down" times give you empathy and compassion to reach out to others when THEY are down...

englandlass is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hi I've been reading your blog and its really struck a chord. Its so good to read the real stories. I am a complete yoyo dieter and have been for years. My friend has lost about 16lb in just over a month on this eating plan and I'm so fed up as I cannot fit into any clothes in my wardrobe I have to give something else a try. This year I have joined and left Weightwatchers, started slimming world and also had a mad stint at Insanity!! but nothing really has worked properly. I've been reading a lot this evening about this way of eating and its really starting to appeal. I'm going shopping tomorrow and going to try and see if I can make it work for me. I tried Atkins years ago and it just made me really lethargic. I like the principle of this so hopefully going to stick at it. Keep it up I know how difficult it is - we've just got to try and encourage each other. Look forward to hearing how you are getting on Ps also struggling with a lot of the foods as its quite american lol - been trying to work out most of the evening where I can buy unsweetened coconut milk from!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123