Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who have lost a good amount of weight- loose skin page

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member

For those who have lost a good amount of weight- loose skin

Primal Fuel
    Hey folks..

So, I'm not sure how I came about this, but I went down a rabbit hole on youtube and found two videos of women who had lost over 150 pounds each. One had surgery and went down 230 pounds, and one did it the old fashion way and lost 163 pounds. Wow the loose skin. I felt so... bad for them. I have about 125 pounds to lose. Anyone out there who have lost a significant amount? Ya'll have loose skin? Like, seriously loose, hanging skin? Please tell me this isn't my future.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Some of it will tighten up. Results are very individual. The question is, would you rather be thin and healthy or not, if there is a chance you will end up with loose skin?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    It does happen sadly. Sometimes it tightens over time. Lots of factors are involved.
    I've already decided I will have surgery if needed and I am sure I will.
    No amount of exercise will tighten over stretched skin sadly.
    Will have to be a wait and see thing

Ha, well I'm not going to stop primal because of loose skin. It sucks to think about though. The women in the videos where in their 50's and had children (one had four) I am 22, no kids. I'm sure that would make a difference, huh? Of course, my goal has never been to walk around proudly in a bikini. Fat or not, still too much modesty for that

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    It might make it less likely for you. My skin has been stretched and saggy many times now so it's prob stuffed.
    Being younger should help too but I guess it also can depend on how long it's been stretched. There is no way of knowing what will happen sadly

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I am 58. I have lost 66 pounds since my heaviest weight. My belly used to hang in a fold, and I was sure I would have an empty droop of skin there.

But I don't. It has tightened up a lot. Maybe I'm not as perfect as a young woman who has never been overweight or has never been pregnant and gotten stretch marks from it, but you would never guess what I used to look like from looking at my body now. My boyfriend is talking about going to the beach with me in a bikini, and I fully expect to look better than half the women who are half my age.

nburgraff is offline Member
    I am 21 years old, i have lost 150lbs (i went from 310lbs to 160lbs) and sadly to say, yes there is a fair amount of weight loss. It does tighten up a little bit with some time. The thing that I found that helped tighten the skin the best was to keep up with the core work; and when I say core i mean all of the core muscles (abs, obliques, erectors in your back, hips, etc...) I was doing tons of just rectus abdominus (6-pack) exercises and it didn't help much. But when I incorporated all of the core muscles, it seriously started to tighten everything up.

I wish you the best of luck along your journey. The skin is nothing more than a mere reminder of all of the hard work it took to lose the weight. It is how you feel and how much healthier you are that is what matters, not some extra skin. Don't let it stand in the way of your goals.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Just in case this helps anyone........I've been reading many of the posts at the t-tapp forum about regaining good skin elasticity via alfalfa and skin brushing. I'm taking the alfalfa offered for sale there (it supposedly encourages collagen production which improves skin elasticity) and also doing the skin brushing and salt baths recommended there in forum posts. So far so good. The forums there are somewhat off-putting, I think....heavily moderated and you get a sense that everyone has drunk the kool-aid. But if you can ignore the overly saccharine comments and cheerleading, there is some good info.

Success With Sagging Skin On Stomach?
    What really has worked to firm up breasts?
    Never a Dull Moment - Workout Wednesday! Skin Sooooo Soft!
    Michelle P. - T-Tapp Success Story

So basically, what I'm doing is drinking lots of water, running (every other day), lifting weights (every other day), taking alfalfa (every day), doing salt baths (twice weekly), skin brushing (every day), and being primal (all day every day). It sounds like a lot of time but the skin brushing is ten minutes a day and the salt baths are 10 minutes each twice a week. And both are extremely enjoyable. So far no loose skin. I want to rock a bikini at 66 like Helen Mirren

nburgraff, congratulations on your amazing weight loss!
    Last edited by little vase; 05-03-2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: added a link

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    I had gastric bypass when I was 25 (I'm 33 now), at the time I weighed 280ish and lost 130 lbs. within a year. I definitely have loose skin, not as bad as some post-bypass folks that I have seen, but I am not nor will I ever be "bikini ready" without the aid of a very skilled plastic surgeon. Honestly, I think there's a limit to skin elasticity, though I do think that the fats and slower weight loss with a Primal diet may lessen the impact.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, we have an alfalfa hay field to feed our animals in the winter. I am seriously tempted to walk out there and eat some when it starts to go. LOL! It's a legume though, so not primal approved. I also saw the skin brushing. I actually looked into it a long time ago to help my skin soften up. It's always rough and dry. Maybe I'll order a brush and give it a go. I'm not looking for perfection. I'm not looking to don a mini skirt or a bikini. That is just not who I am. I am not doing this in hopes to "finally attract a man." I have a man which I intend to hang on to. So, I guess I'll see what this skin brushing is about. Maybe some salt baths. Thanks ladies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast