Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running With Supportive Shoes page 2

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by relaygirl View Post
    Just my experience going minimalist-I got a double stress fracture in my heel due to calf issues in 2010. It was hell. I eased into, everything I was told to do. But it didn't work for me. I am a happy camper back in my regular shoes. Just me.
    Good point, Relaygirl. Everyone is different. I think the most important thing is good form, no matter what is on your feet.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday, I ran 4 miles in my Merrell barefoot shoes. Calves are sore, but not horribly so. It took me over a year to get used to running in them and that was after I started wearing them everyday to work. I had fits and starts with them and running and had to keep going back to my Nike Free shoes. Got a nasty case of bronchitis (or the flu) which knocked me out of exercising for almost 3 months. Finally this spring, after alternating them with the Nikes I've been wearing them every time I go out. I do have to make sure I stretch my calves after a run or walk, and this helps a lot.

Toshison is offline Member
    I am a shoe fiend! I got VFF's, NB Minimus, Nike Frees etc...

Not all Nike Free shoes are the same and I think the newer Nike Free's have less sole but still have enough for support and are a good compromise between conventional runners and zero drop barefoot shoes. I prefer running in them or the NB Minimus runners (4mm drop) over VFF's. Im a big boy (a lean 235lb) and so a little cushion goes a long way, especially with hard surfaces!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by paul119 View Post
    Slowly transition to your VFF's full time. But before doing so, be sure to get the mechanics of POSE running down pat. It'll be a slow, gradual climb, but your body will thank you.
    This is quite the way to go^
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12