Back in high school, I could do push ups like it was nobodies business. It irked the jocks to no end that I could do more than them and I was just an underweight bookworm. I've always been able to quickly adapt to physical challenges. When we started doing the Presidential Fitness program, I could do five push ups. By the end of the month, I could crank out 70 without a problem.

I've done this before and I know I can do it again! However, some overuse of my joints (not THAT kind of joint!) in college gifted me with the lifelong injury of tendinitis. It's in my right elbow and wrist. Massages have helped and most of the time my rm feels quite normal during regular use. Now that I'm trying to get in shape, I'm finding that the tendinitis is keeping me from doing proper push ups! Doing even one push up makes the elbow throb and I can tell that I am very close to overworking the triceps tendon. Considering a flare up will either cost two weeks of not using the arm or a $100 massage, I don't want to push it. Money is too tight right now to spend on a massage, even if it's very badly needed.

What would you suggest I do to help re-build the strength in my arms without causing extreme pain? I'd really appreciate any help you can give!