Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soft Drinks page

Have A Bang On That is offline Junior Member

Soft Drinks

Primal Fuel
    Just wondering if any of the old pro's around here have good advice/tips on getting unhooked from soft drinks...I am a sucker for Cola and the likes.....

I can manager maybe a day without a glass but then i always crash back into my old ways...

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Much appreciated.

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    Errrr...

Read up how bad the stuff is for you as is all soda. Bombard the hell out of your self with information on how evil it is.
    I can't say I found it hard to kick it but that's just me.

Are you the same with sugar too?
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Seekins View Post
    Errrr...

Read up how bad the stuff is for you as is all soda. Bombard the hell out of your self with information on how evil it is.
    I can't say I found it hard to kick it but that's just me.

Are you the same with sugar too?
    Errrrr

Thanks for the sharp reply.

I ditched sugar a while ago although had a bit of a time with the cravings. I am also getting a craving for soft drinks, hence why i keep returning to them...

I have increased my water intake which has decreased my soft drink total, but i would like to ditch it all together.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Hi, have you tried spending money on luxury sparkling water instead? Go for a "treat" brand like Badoit or San Pellegrino and then you'll feel it is a "proper" soft drink.

Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    Hi, have you tried spending money on luxury sparkling water instead? Go for a "treat" brand like Badoit or San Pellegrino and then you'll feel it is a "proper" soft drink.
    Ahhh the kingdom of fife, my place of birth, good stuff..

Oddly enough i had never thought of that, as i was told the stuff was just as bad, something to do with the fizzyness, or whatever, i never gave it much thought anyway.

I'll give it a try, thanks for the tip!

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    Have a gander at this...look this sort of thing up your self. Just google "Is coke bad for you"

What Happens To Your Body Within An Hour Of Drinking A Coke | Nutrition Research Center
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    This plus have you tried Kombucha?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Drink mexican coke. The tiny amount of phosphoric acid doesn't do anything, and other than that it's just sugar. I drink it regularly. You can also buy a soda stream and add carbonation to juices and stuff if you want.

Nothing can compare to the taste of coke though. Certainly not sparkling water(...) or kombucha(...).
    nihil

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Despite many folks on the forums here telling me I'm destroying my gut by doing so, I drink seltzer pretty frequently - a liter or two every week. I've never been a fan of diet cola, but as a kid and well into college, I used to easily drink six or more liters of Mountain Dew every week!

Try seltzer. If you want flavor, get the flavored ones (I know, "natural flavors" on the label are usually a no-go, but I still do it) or add your own flavorings like juice, extract (vanilla is great!) or sliced fruit.

I also suggest kombucha, as someone else mentioned; though it can be pricey.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You break it like you break any habit. Unless a seven foot can of coke holds you down and pours itself down your throat, it's pretty much all within your control.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast