Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soft Drinks page 3

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was actually able to just stop, years ago. I do occasionally get an urge for a soda every so often and I usually keep some Virgil's zero (stevia sweetened) cola and/or root beer in the house. The thing about most commercial soda is that they have a high salt content which makes you thirstier (and is then masked by the amount of sugar added), thus you drink more. Virgil's doesn't have this affect on me. Usually half a bottle is all I want. I'll then stick the other half in the fridge and drink it later or the next day, sometimes forgetting altogether.

Beets is offline Junior Member
    The only thing I've ever quit cold turkey in my life was sugar in tea and coffee. Maybe a rip the band aid off approach?

My husband really likes his sodas. He's been gradually cutting back. He went to some of those lightly sweetened teas, and now the totally unsweetened kind--which he doesn't really like. He does like Pellegrino and the flavored Perrier waters as a soda substitute. If you can find Gerolsteiner it has a pleasant almost salty mineral taste.

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    I have been primal for a long time, and sometimes it is still difficult for me to refuse soda. What I do is I buy a brand of sparkling water that comes in cans called La Croix. It has no sugar no artificial sweetners, no calories just sparkling water and essential oils to make them taste fruity. I buy the lemon flavor and whenever I get the urge to go out and buy a Dr. Pepper, I just glup down one of these. Works everytime. Somedays I have about three to battle the craving but its better than having one soda.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I stopped buying it and having it in the house. And I never pay the ridiculous price of beverages in a restaurant.

So if I really, really want a diet coke, I'll go buy one. It's rare that the craving is strong enough to go to that effort though.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Switch to seltzer. It helps for that bubbly sensation. Also Kombucha is a great alternative, but be careful with having too much. I start bruising easy when I drink kombucha.

1-2 x per year, I will buy some mexican coke. It tastes much better than the other stuff.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    I stopped buying it and having it in the house. And I never pay the ridiculous price of beverages in a restaurant.

So if I really, really want a diet coke, I'll go buy one. It's rare that the craving is strong enough to go to that effort though.
    this works best for me too
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Just think about rat poop. Up to a certain level is "acceptable" to the FDA in all processed foods. How much is acceptable to you?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    rat poop is most delicious
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Another vote for keeping it out of the house. If I'm dying for something other than water, I like having a club soda with a big lime wedge. If you want a treat once in a while go and buy a can of it and enjoy it. I bet if you had to drive to a store for every single can you'd drop your intake a ton.

This is the reason I won't be bringing back 48 cans of beer with me when I drive home from the US. My plans of "oh this will last forever and I'll have it for camping in the summer" go out the window in no time. They call to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123