Hi all! This is my first post here, though I've been lurking on MDA for about 2 years now!

I've been Primal since Spring 2012, and I lost approximately 25 lbs doing so, cleared up my asthma and "chronic" bronchitis. My question is with regards to a belly pooch under my belly button that WILL NOT BUDGE. I have read various threads and comments on various blogs with regards to this and have tried several different things in an attempt to get rid of this annoying pooch. I have tried to go higher on the carbs, low carb, no carb, more starch, no fruit (fructose), intermittent fasting, no fasting, weights, bodyweight exercises... all to no avail. I do consume cheese and yogurt, but that's it for dairy. Currently, I eat about 60% fat, 30% protein, 10% carbs and I am in ketosis. I eat plenty of good fats (tons of sardines per week and eat coconut oil by the spoonful).

I feel like I am borderline underweight at 5'5 and 115 lbs - I can see my ribs and clavicles and my hip bones are jutting out like crazy... but I just have a layer of fat from about right underneath my breasts to about an inch or two under my belly button (but curiously it disappears right above my pubic area). I know, I know... women are supposed to carry fat in certain areas for childbearing etc (I have no kids), but the reason that this bothers me so much is that I KNOW that it was flat before I gained the 25 or so lbs. I just don't know what to do at this point and it's seriously frustrating me. Is this a hormonal thing? I have been on birth control since I was 16 (I'm 23 now).

Does any one else have this experience? Has any one found anything that worked for them? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!