Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stubborn belly "pooch" right under belly button in women? page 3

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I guess it depends how many people are going to see your belly flesh. There are plenty of smoothing or slimming undergarments that will hide those imperfections. Women should spend more energy dressing their bodies, instead of trying to look good naked.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

krsn89 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    It depends on her frame and size, I'm 5'4 and 100 and I look fine. But if she feels she looks too thin, then she probably has a more normal frame.

What helped me with the pooch was a lot of cardio and IF. I didn't lose weight but the area gradually reduced.
    Thank you for this. I have been IFing daily for over 6 months, doing VLC (ketosis)... I guess I have to wait it out more, I'm probably just being too impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by thedoglett View Post
    Kelly, so long as you have reasonably good health, consider yourself... beautiful. We all carry a little excess here and there (I have flipping love handles which drive me crazy because I can't shift them!), but please don't obsess too much about it.

If you feel good, that's what's most important. Please know that, whatever your shape, you are wonderful and completely... unique. Fantastic and beautiful. Don't be sidelined by these super thin models in the magazines, being healthy means more than looking healthy.

Just my opinion, but really - so long as you're happy and feel healthy, sod everyone else!
    Thank you for this! I do feel great

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    The IF is good because it forces the body to burn fat from stores on a daily basis, but then a good feeding allows body to restack it in the right places.

The other point to remember is it takes us about 4 years to readjust the lipid profile in our cell membranes and fat stores after dietary adjustment. So if like most people you were raised by health conscious parents you most liokely had an overload of Omega 6 oils and it will take a while to get the balance back of saturated and monounsaturated.

Don't get too extreme, focus primarily on good health and push the vanity aside for a while.
    I didn't know this, so thanks for that. I have been IFing daily for over 6 months, so I'll keep at it!

Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    I've posted about this before! I'm 5'4", and have always had a pooch even at my thinnest at 100 lbs. I'm about 110 lbs right now and had a baby 1.5 years ago, so have loose skin in that area. But in general my body likes to store all excess fat there because I don't put on fat anywhere else (except face). On days I IF or eat consume no dairy or fiber, belly is flatter. On days I IF or eat veggies and carbs, I look a few months pregnant. So I concluded water retention plays a big part.

Doing core exercises to strengthen lower back and abs improved my posture and gave me more control over my abs, so I can pull my belly in. The layer of flab is still there, but doesn't protrude as much.
    Yeah, my posture really sucks and a couple of people have told me I may have tight hip flexors that are causing my pooch to protrude more than it really should. And the dairy... I may have to try the no dairy thing for a while. Thanks for sharing your experience.

krsn89 is offline Member
    Thanks to everyone who answered... it's nice to know I'm not alone and that I CAN try a few different things. I know I should stop obsessing about it but I'm sure some of you can relate to the feeling!

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Weight lifting. Check out Mark's videos on it the 5 basic exercises.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123