Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junk and a shining moment... page

PrimalFocus is offline Member

Junk and a shining moment...

Today a "kind" office mate dropped off the following "treats" for our consumption:

However, my faith in humanity was restored when I saw this car on the way home:

Suki is offline Senior Member
    UGh!!! That's infuriating! I am so lucky I work with very healthy eaters (even if they don't get nearly enough fat). I work directly with three other people - three of us compete in triathlons together and the other is a competitive woodcutter (who knew?). A woman in our legal department used to leave plates of cupcakes and candy and after hours of watching it go untouched, she'd pick it up and storm off in a huff. Oh, she also found out she has Type II diabetes. Go figure.

She recently organized a bake sale for charity. Which charity? The American Heart Association of course!!!

Team Kerrygold!

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Oh so frustrating! There's a very large woman at our school who does the same - she's a darling with a big heart, but her kid is way overweight with serious asthma, but there's trays of cookies and cakes on a regular basis.

I'm really struggling right now - I've always had SUCH a sweet tooth and while I enjoyed the primal breakfast I just ate, I'm really missing sugary foods. I keep telling myself that sugar is a drug! I think being faced with a spread like that would make me cry right now.

Suki is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen in Oz View Post
    Oh so frustrating! There's a very large woman at our school who does the same - she's a darling with a big heart, but her kid is way overweight with serious asthma, but there's trays of cookies and cakes on a regular basis.

I'm really struggling right now - I've always had SUCH a sweet tooth and while I enjoyed the primal breakfast I just ate, I'm really missing sugary foods. I keep telling myself that sugar is a drug! I think being faced with a spread like that would make me cry right now.
    Are you eating fruit Helen? My neighbor brought me some berries from the co-op she belongs to and I had a couple strawberries and a few blueberries and all I wanted was more. It was ridiculous - I don't have a sweet tooth at all but after that first strawberry - my thoughts turned to strawberries and cream and blackberry pie... sugar is evil!

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    Looks like your officemate may be cleaning out the pantry for a Primal shopping spree. I do the same thing after Halloween. I bring in huge bags of candy for everyone... because I'm such a nice guy.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    sugar IS a drug. just say no!

Bane is offline Senior Member
    My mother-in-law is always buying those little sugar grenades for my kids, and I hate it! There's more icing than cake in the little bastards. Always a fight about "treats" and how kids should have them. Argh.

hutax is offline Member
    Garbage, you'd probably be better off throwing away the food and eating the bags they came in.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Is it wrong that I bring donuts to my office because I want everyone there to get coronary heart disease?

the most face-palmy anecdote ever:

Me in the office kitchen making poached eggs last year. Overweight guy next to me eating a donut. "Hey you'd better watch yourself with eggs there is a lot of cholesterol in them. Just thought you should know."

Didn't really feel like a 30 minute presentation on trans fat / diabetes so I just said "thanks for the heads up."

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    Is it wrong that I bring donuts to my office because I want everyone there to get coronary heart disease?
    Haha, you're so bad...but survival of the fittest (smartest) right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast