Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mountain man fights local government to keep nature school natural page 2

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The county wants him to upgrade his structures so they can tax him.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    The question is how can they be stopped?
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Well, they are politicians, so figure if there's enough public outrage, they'll back down to get re-elected. The simplest (although simple seems to never get done) thing would be to just adjust the codes specifically for his parcel of land or type of business or whatever. The Internal Revenue Code gets changed all the time, so surely a town or county could do the same thing.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Yep it's either someone wants his land, or someone wants tax income, or just some bloody jobsworth.

I HATE stupidly applied building and planning regs, for example in wales some people battled the system right to the top to get a sustainable, off-grid community built, they got permission in the end, part of the conditions were they provided their own electricty, and couldn't be connected to the mains. They built the houses, then were told they couldn't move in as building inspectors said (amoungsts other things) they hadn't got smoke detectors that were wired into the main

*head wall/wall head* & repeat ad infuntitum
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

jobsworth
    I had to look that up as it's not an American colloquialism. Yep, it could be that. LOL.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I thought it was fairly a fairly universal expression, well you live and learn - I think the best example of a jobsworth would be a uk traffic warden (for referance it's illegal to park on a double yellow line)

You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Where I live a lot of people live off the grid and have built un-permitted structures. A couple of years ago we had some fires and helicopters flew all over rural areas taking pictures. These pictures were then submitted to the county and many folks were sited with building violations. Imagine what will happen when the drone technology comes on line and is used domestically. I hear the sheriff's dept. has already purchased one.

mpieciak18 is offline Junior Member
    "Cause Nanny Government knows what's best for you. Now give me all of your money and possessions, you silly citizen. Labor will enslave you, I mean, set you free."

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Living in rural Texas the only inspection I'm required to have is for he septic tanks and lateral line. When in built in the late 70s even that wasn't required.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Quote Originally Posted by mpieciak18 View Post
    "Cause Nanny Government knows what's best for you. Now give me all of your money and possessions, you silly citizen. Labor will enslave you, I mean, set you free."
    I usually call it Daddy govt, but I agree with you 100%.

B*tch-lite

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12