Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grain- free eating but not being primal? page

Barefoot Gentile is offline Senior Member

Grain- free eating but not being primal?

Primal Fuel
    Is there such a thing? For Lent I gave up bread/pasta, it's only been a few weeks but realize how easy it is to not eat bread, in fact the thought of pasta is not appealing at all.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Sure there is. You think Primal's the only grain-free diet? You can eat a lot of crap and junk without eating grains if you set your mind to it.

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    You can eat whatever you want. Due to being celiac and allergic to mold I can't really eat any grains except for a little bit of freshly cooked white rice.

AyaPapaya is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    Is there such a thing?
    Of course there is. Have you tried the Potato chip & Candy diet?

Seriously though, you're describing a great moment...when you realize just how easy it is. I know that within just a couple weeks of no wheat I couldn't even fathom that anyone would choose pizza over meat & veg or a huge awesome salad.
    "Imagine all the people, living life in peace..."

"Nothing will work unless you do."

Timthetaco is offline Senior Member
    Depends on if you're dropping wheat or all grains. If I came here and said I was doing paleo and eating lots of oatmeal and rice and buckwheat and lentils and chicken breast and still cooking with canola oil, I would be run out of town. That's wheat-free, and no one in the world would call it primal. But if you drop all grains, it's going to be kind of primal just by default, unless you want to be a raw food vegan.

I know you like your carbohydrates, so you can replace wheat with potatoes, cassava, fruit, rice, corn, or any of the other things I listed above. And welcome back! You inspire much ire in this community, and it's fun as hell to watch. Fun as hell.
    Endotoxins (under construction)

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AyaPapaya View Post
    Of course there is. Have you tried the Potato chip & Candy diet?

Seriously though, you're describing a great moment...when you realize just how easy it is. I know that within just a couple weeks of no wheat I couldn't even fathom that anyone would choose pizza over meat & veg or a huge awesome salad.
    Sorry, but I'd definitely choose a pizza over some greens any day of the week. Pizza may not be the best choice of food health wise, but it's certainly a lot better tasting than a salad with a side of meat. And arguably less detrimental to your health too.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Sorry, but I'd definitely choose a pizza over some greens any day of the week. Pizza may not be the best choice of food health wise, but it's certainly a lot better tasting than a salad with a side of meat. And arguably less detrimental to your health too.
    How so?

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    How so?
    In before Derp's link to a Ray Peat article.

Pizza, no cheese, with sugar sprinkled over top.

That shit'll make your hair grow to your waist overnight and your metabolism will be so revved up you'll smell like a pan of bacon as the fat burns from your body by morning.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    In before Derp's link to a Ray Peat article.
    This guy called it.

Vegetables, etc.—Who Defines Food?
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast