Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Grain- free eating but not being primal? page 4

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Domino's and Pizza Hut are complete garbage but Little Ceasers is real decent, especially cold. Plus like derp said, you cant beat a large za for $5.

There are some way good pizza parlors around here but at over $20 for a large, its not happening too often.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I don't like to cook though, plus I've been wanting a pizza 'cause of my friend last night linking me a loop with a bunch of pizzas. Good way to get my fat, protein and carbs for the day.

If it's any consolation I'm getting a cheese one and adding my own meat
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Domino's and Pizza Hut are complete garbage but Little Ceasers is real decent, especially cold. Plus like derp said, you cant beat a large za for $5.

There are some way good pizza parlors around here but at over $20 for a large, its not happening too often.
    You make baby jebus cry cause around here little ceasars is terrible and dominoes is yummeh
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    You make baby jebus cry cause around here little ceasars is terrible and dominoes is yummeh
    Maybe its locations. I have a friend that used to work at a dominoes maybe 10 years ago and back then i would eat it, but the quality has gone down drastically. I got food poisoning one time from Pizza Hut so never again.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    People who think chain "pizza" is pizza honestly need to visit a city with a large Italian population so they can understand that they are missing a horrifying imitation of a really tasty food. My thing of not eating at any eatery with more than three locations started with pizza. Just like coffee, I'd rather do without than have bad. A disk covered in Sysco food does not a pizza make.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    People who think chain "pizza" is pizza honestly need to visit a city with a large Italian population so they can understand that they are missing a horrifying imitation of a really tasty food. My thing of not eating at any eatery with more than three locations started with pizza. Just like coffee, I'd rather do without than have bad. A disk covered in Sysco food does not a pizza make.
    Or have Pizzicato pizza. Portland, OR company. Oh my....last time I had pizza there, it was four cheese with roasted garlic. Could make you cry with joy.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    You definitely have a point. Home made pizza really is the way to go if you wanna do it up right.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    You definitely have a point. Home made pizza really is the way to go if you wanna do it up right.
    Agreed.

I have no aversion against a good, homemade pizza every once in a while. Pizza is delicious. Why say no to pizza?

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    I've been primal/paleo for like 3 years now and I can definitely tell a difference in how I function vs. frequency of pizza intake .

My N=1 is:

When I did very strict for like 90 days (no dairy, no grains, no legumes... original gangsta style paleo).... Felt absolutely great.

When I did a weekly cheat day of all I could eat crap (pizza was a weekly thing here).... Felt OK, but definitely room for improvement.

When I did a monthly cheat day with pizza and such.... Feel darn close to the pristine virgin paleo days.

Based on my observation I am not clinically gluten sensitive or anything, but pizza and its components (bad fats) is substandard fare that does sap my energy even at once/week.

Once a month is a fair compromise as my 20% balls to the wall day.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234