Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man dies of liver overdose - said noone ever. page

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

Man dies of liver overdose - said noone ever.

Shop Now
    What is this malarky? I can find no tales of ails from the consumption of entrails!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    "This danger has long been known to the Inuit and has been recognized by Europeans since at least 1597 when Gerrit de Veer wrote in his diary that, while taking refuge in the winter in Nova Zemlya, he and his men became severely ill after eating polar bear liver.[15] In 1913, Antarctic explorers Douglas Mawson and Xavier Mertz were both poisoned (and Mertz died) from eating the livers of their sled dogs during the Far Eastern Party.[16]"

From Hypervitaminosis A - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But yeah, as long as you're not eating arctic mammals' livers, you can pretty much chow down on nature's multivitamin with reckless abandon. Sometimes I eat beef liver every day for a week straight and I'm still typing.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Oh. Are they sure it was the liver?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Zach is offline Banned
    Yes, retinol overdose.

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    I know that each of us has different challenges in our lives and I don't intend at all to diminish them. Having said that, read "Mawson's Will" about Sir Douglas Mawson's Antarctic expedition. It will give you a new appreciation for keeping spirits up in the face of challenges. (of course, Mawson decided to put himself in a situation that had a 100% likelihood of misery.)

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Actually, I don't know if liver agrees with me. Every time I eat it my gums bleed?!

I did some research and found this in an article that says it's not good for babies...

Toxicity from excess preformed vitamin A (known as hypervitaminosis A) can lead to an increased risk of bone fracture. This is because the vitamin A blocks the activity of vitamin D, leading to reduced bone mineral density. Vitamin A toxicity can also cause liver damage.

Read more: Can Babies Eat Liver?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I had about a pound of liver yesterday with a couple of onions fried in butter, some added some heavy cream to reduced down once the onions were cooked, then chucked in big handfull of spinach at the end. I felt a bit of a bloater afterwards and couldn't actaully finish it all, but I'm still not dead
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Actually, I don't know if liver agrees with me. Every time I eat it my gums bleed?!
    I get overall inflammation in my mouth and my teeth change color. That might just be the high mineral content, though.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I'd better check to see if I have any polar bear liver in the freezer.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    my teeth change color.
    What color do they change to? Remember Hypercolor t-shirts?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast