Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Man dies of liver overdose - said noone ever. page 3

  1. #21
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,715
    Primal Fuel
    8oz a month.... HAhhahahahahaah.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  2. #22
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    8oz a month.... HAhhahahahahaah.
    There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Don't take my word for it though. If you're going to consume a lot of liver, you better be making sure to eat a ton of mussels too.

    Too much liver suppresses thyroid.
    nihil

  3. #23
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Don't take my word for it though. If you're going to consume a lot of liver, you better be making sure to eat a ton of mussels too.

    Too much liver suppresses thyroid.
    Yes Derp.

    And I'll be sure to chase that with some Little Cesars and Coke...

    BTW, Of course I eat shellfish. But I prefer clams, scallops, and oysters. Mussels are not magical.
    In your opinion everything "suppresses thyroid", and yet mine is fine.
    I've been eating more than 8oz of liver a month, every month, for most of my 40 years of life man.
    Last edited by cori93437; 03-01-2013 at 07:39 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  4. #24
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Why does everyone spell caesar wrong? Also, why do you have an irrational fear of food? I ate that pizza(whole large), chased it down with 6 mexican colas, chugged coffee and smoked a cigarette and I'm still alive. In fact, not only did I not die, but I'm feeling pretty fantastic and my abs have more definition to boot. Will I eat pizza regularly? No, of course not, because it definitely won't ever top a nice lb of dates with some good cheese. The quality is definitely not very good.

    Mussel is just what I have always grouped shellfish in for some reason. Oysters are by far the best.
    nihil

  5. #25
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,995
    The copper claim has some validity to it and is why I vary my liiver source if I'm gonna eat over a pound a week. Chicken livers are relatively low in copper so I go to those for a week after having much ruminant liver. No reason to fear liver though. If you really can eat more than 2lbs of it a week I say more power to ya. It's one of those things I can only eat about a pound of though.

    Compared to this......

    "I ate that pizza(whole large), chased it down with 6 mexican colas, chugged coffee and smoked a cigarette and I'm still alive."

    ...please eat as many pounds of liver as you like rather than doing this.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 03-01-2013 at 07:45 PM.

  6. #26
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    In your opinion everything "suppresses thyroid", and yet mine is fine.
    I've been eating more than 8oz of liver a month, every month, for most of my 40 years of life man.
    It's true, and maybe I shouldn't have attached an arbitrary number to it. But it should be kept within reason. I ate a lb of it in a month once, and was ok. Neckhammer brings up a nice point about liver balance and chicken liver, too bad I can't eat it cause I think it tastes like crap

    Also, think of the iron content of liver. Best be drinking some coffee along with it.
    nihil

  7. #27
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,715
    I don't have an irrational fear of food... I just happen to think those food are crappy and disgusting.
    And did even before I started Primal when I ate other bread and things.
    I have always preferred quality foods.

    I love good food.

    Clams are the best shellfish IMO.
    Specifically the Geoduck... raw. DELICIOUS.
    Along with some seaweed salad. Mmmmm.

    Chicken livers, duck livers, lamb livers, pork liver, RABBITrabbitRABBIT livers, occasional beef liver ... I like variety.

    Pssst: Shell fish(bivalves) is just as high in iron as liver.
    I have NEVER had high iron... always low or borderline low.
    Last edited by cori93437; 03-01-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  8. #28
    sakura_girl's Avatar
    sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    The copper claim has some validity to it and is why I vary my liiver source if I'm gonna eat over a pound a week. Chicken livers are relatively low in copper so I go to those for a week after having much ruminant liver. No reason to fear liver though.
    Good to know. I haven't had chicken liver in forever only because I made a stupid decision at the farm when they didn't have any heart left, and I bought 10 lbs of beef liver to make up the cost of gas.

    I'll be sure to make my next liver source from chicken or pork.

  9. #29
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I don't have an irrational fear of food... I just happen to think those food are crappy and disgusting.
    And did even before I started Primal when I ate other bread and things.
    I have always preferred quality foods.

    I love good food.

    Clams are the best shellfish IMO.
    Specifically the Geoduck... raw. DELICIOUS.
    Along with some seaweed salad. Mmmmm.

    Chicken livers, duck livers, lamb livers, pork liver, RABBITrabbitRABBIT livers, occasional beef liver ... I like variety.

    Pssst: Shell fish(bivalves) is just as high in iron as liver.
    I have NEVER had high iron... always low or borderline low.
    I know, I soak my liver and oysters in milk so the calcium displaces some of the iron and drink coffee along with any meal that will contain iron in it and avoid vitamin c for 2-4 hours before and after having liver or oysters.

    High iron is mostly a problem with men, I think, cause, yeah. I donate blood(though sometimes they refuse me cause of high pulse jerks) every 2 months, and take aspirin, and vitamin e. My iron was high 6 months ago, it's getting down to normal levels now.
    nihil

  10. #30
    sakura_girl's Avatar
    sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,696

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •