Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Statins Save Lives!!!! page 2

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Artbuc, check the INTERHEART study link in my signature. This study showed that, besides smoking, the most powerful marker of CVD is the ApoB/ApoA1 ratio. Simplest way to think of this is the non-HDL particle count divided by the HDL particle count. Not commonly measured as CW physicians still believe the standard lipid panel is useful. Get your ApoB and ApoA1 measured. If the ratio is less than .9 then you're in the best quartile
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Little Women is offline Member
    It seems to me that there is a difference between "I think this is true" and "I am absolutely convinced that it's true." Most of us probably struggle with what to believe, for a very long time.

Being fairly new to primal/paleo, I am reading a lot. (I know I need to keep reading it, or I'll lose my conviction. ) But I do see that there are huge problems with the conventional information, and that concerns me a ton, even when I don't know what to think--I can't get past the fact that a lot of conventional science (both nutritional and other types) are really BAD science. When I see an article that's actually well done, I am surprised, which is a bad place to start, and this makes me far more likely to accept an alternative viewpoint.

However, all that said, one big thing is sticking out to me right now: would I rather be sick and tired and miserable all the time and live an extra year or two, or be healthy and happy for many years and eventually die perhaps a year earlier? Do I want to feel, all through my 50s, 60s, and 70s, the way I feel right now? Or do I want to be healthier and more energetic, even if I die at 84 instead of 86? I know some old people who have been unhealthy for many years, and I have to say, I'd rather be like my grandfather, if I can help it, who had sudden pain and then died within about 45 minutes, than like my grandmother who lived 5 years in a nursing home. I know that to some extent, even with a good diet, it cannot be helped, and a person who is very healthy might just live longer before they start a long decline. But I think that the health or lack of health I have in my 50s is going to influence the health or lack i have in my 80s, and the things that contribute to being healthy now will have a positive effect later, as well. And if they don't, well, honestly, a heart-attack at an old age is not the worst way I can think of to die.

So having thought it all through, I'm going to put my bets on health, now, and work towards what makes me feel energetic, healthy, and well, today.

T_bone is offline Junior Member
    Yup, I am of the same mind--not signing my death warrant but where can you get an objective opinion of statins from the medical community, especially some one local.

I have blood work coming back as the beginning of my re-commitment to paleo and a baseline. It will be the first time that I have had CR-P done and the VAP analysis of LDL.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Statins Save Lives!!!!
    Meat is bad for you!!!!
    Eggs are bad for you!!!!
    Eat more grains to live longer!!!!
    I'm from the government and I want to help you!!!!

Any more lies that anyone can think of?
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

peril is offline Senior Member
    Reminds me of favourite oxymorons:

Military intelligence
    Civil service
    American football
    Medical science
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Cholestyramine, a drug they tout, has been removed from the NIH's list.

Here's a great book published last year, 2012
    "How Statin Drugs Really Lower Cholesterol: And Kill You One Cell at a Time", by James B. and Hannah Yoseph
    This is a review, I haven't read it yet.
    "The Yosephs have written the most stunning exposť. In simple language they reveal the science, the corruption and the enormous conspiracy it took to bring statins to market. As fast paced as a Mickey Spillane novel they report the research, the fraud and the facts like a detective in hot pursuit of a Nazi war criminal. Once picked up it cannot be put down until the reading is done. It is riveting. They have accomplished the impossible: they have made both complex science and medical history fascinating to read. What could not be done in an exposť they accomplished with almost unbelievable ease. It will change your paradigms about medicine forever as will the sequel "Poisoned! (Recovery From Statin Side Effects)". Read it!"

Or this remedy, which is Great!
    23. Fish Oil Vs. Statin Drugs - YouTube

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    Yes, but his info seems to be quite dated.
    It is a bit. But at least it isn't blatantly incorrect like that forbes article.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    reminds me of favourite oxymorons:

Military intelligence
    civil service
    american football
    medical science
    lol

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Reminds me of favourite oxymorons:

Military intelligence
    Civil service
    American football
    Medical science
    Jumbo shrimp
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It might not be scientific, but I want to point out that my dad was put on statins for a while and he had to stop taking them because of the pain in his legs. It still bothers him. They can have very serious side effects.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast