Thread: Gluten to cause eczema? page

aimlow is offline Senior Member

Gluten to cause eczema?

Primal Fuel
    My 18mo old has had eczema on her face for a few months. She does eat gluten. Pediatrician says eczema is almost always unrelated to diet.
    I'm beginning to wonder if this is true.

Dose anyone have experience with skin issues resolving as a result of cutting out gluten? She also eats/drinks dairy.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    sounds like its time for a new pediatrician....
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    My daughter's eczema cleared up when she stopped eating gluten, and only reappears when she inadvertently eats any ... and hasn't your paediatrician ever heard of dermatitis herpetaformitis?

Sounds like Not On The Rug's right.

aimlow is offline Senior Member
    Well, we left the country, so yes, ditched the ped too! To his credit, when we saw him last, the rash wasn't too bad and hadn't been there for long. And she had been eating gluten for a few months.
    As of today, I'm cutting it out of her diet- fingers crossed.

calee is offline Senior Member
    I am blood tested allergic to beef, eggs and oranges. When I eat them I get an eczema type rash on my face on the side of my nose. Like clockwork it happens. I wonder if there might be something else along with gluten causing this reaction?

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    My life-long eczema disappeared in 3 weeks when I cut out gluten completely.

jennf is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely eczema is related to diet! I had eczema all my life. Finally went away when I cut out gluten. Now if I eat it, I can expect a patch of eczema to show up in short order.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    My mom tells me that as a baby wheat gave me eczema and the doctors back then put me on special formula, so yes, it certainly CAN be related to diet.

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    When my daughter was a toddler, we resolved her scalp and rash issues by cutting down wheat dramatically. Not sure if it was eczema eczactly, but certainly related