Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How do I ....ahem... get bigger? page 7

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I see a big change - you lost the (small) moobs and the muffin top. You look great!
    This plus you have a really nice smile. Too bad you live in Norway.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Nice improvement johnny 767, bare forsett med det samme til det slutter å virke og juster ned på maten når du stagnerer...

johnny767 is offline Member
    @YogaBare @eKatherine @Fynn @dilberryhoundog @Paleobird @Gorbag

Thanks for all your kind words of support – it’s just what I needed.

On the strength of your advice, I have changed my gym program around and am today stating my first IF.

These were yesterday in the gym. I want to improve arms and chest. I tend to do too much thigh work (because its relatively easy)

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Hejså Johnny!

What kind of workout are you planning for chest and arms ?
    In my case, I don't necessarily want to bulk up but I told myself that my super healthy self (yet to come out fully ...) should be looking kind of like Bruce Lee (I have the same kind of frame and slightly Asian features). So I prefer workouts that involve the whole body, and as far away from the gym room as possible

But I confess that I had installed a pull-up bar at home which I use every day, useful during winter where it can be too challenging to be outdoor in Scandinavia (I live in DK but I am a southerner so I've been missing sunlight and long day time) . I try to get my wife to do her first pull-up as well because it is a critical thing to be able to do, could save your life in some situation. I believe that not caring too much about how I look but focusing more on body strength and agility will bring out my SHS (Super Healthy Self)

Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    Hejså Johnny!

What kind of workout are you planning for chest and arms ?
    In my case, I don't necessarily want to bulk up but I told myself that my super healthy self (yet to come out fully ...) should be looking kind of like Bruce Lee (I have the same kind of frame and slightly Asian features). So I prefer workouts that involve the whole body, and as far away from the gym room as possible

But I confess that I had installed a pull-up bar at home which I use every day, useful during winter where it can be too challenging to be outdoor in Scandinavia (I live in DK but I am a southerner so I've been missing sunlight and long day time) . I try to get my wife to do her first pull-up as well because it is a critical thing to be able to do, could save your life in some situation. I believe that not caring too much about how I look but focusing more on body strength and agility will bring out my SHS (Super Healthy Self)
    Hei dkJames

Takk!

I don’t really have anything planned yet – other than the gym once or twice a week. Weights, and sometimes boot camp/circuit training

Now that the snow has finally gone, I think I should be sprinting again (it’s over two years since I last sprinted!)

I am making slow progress with pull-ups; I can do 5 maximum now – but get reoccurring tendon (I think) pain if I over-do it. My aim is to do 8.

I suspect push-ups are the other obvious exercise too; this might be worth a look; one hundred push ups - welcome
    Good luck with achieving your SHS

sqidmark is online now Member
    To the OP. You've repeatedly referred to tendonitis in your upper arm. As some others have suggested, you need to DO something about that NOW or you will just make it worse. You weren't detailed about your pain, where exactly is it located? Sharp pain at the rear of the elbow, radiating up the tricep?

Earlier this year I developed tricep tendonitis in my left arm. Had to lay off upper body work outs for about 2 months AND do specific stretches to alleviate the problem. However, I also had previous back(2) and rotator cuff injuries resurface at the same time. I'm 55, sit at a desk 10hrs a day and though I do walk/hike quite a bit, I've found that I need to go real slow when it comes to increasing upper body exercises whether they be body weight or free weights.

Here's one article: The Best Exercises For Tricep Tendonitis | LIVESTRONG.COM
    Another: Triceps Tendonitis - Triceps Tendinitis - PhysioAdvisor
    I've found several videos on youtube showing various stretches and that's what I use. I keep using the stretches in the hope that it will prevent the problem from returning.

sqidmark is online now Member
    To the OP. You've repeatedly referred to tendonitis in your upper arm. As some others have suggested, you need to DO something about that NOW or you will just make it worse. You weren't detailed about your pain, where exactly is it located? Sharp pain at the rear of the elbow, radiating up the tricep?

Earlier this year I developed tricep tendonitis in my left arm. Had to lay off upper body work outs for about 2 months AND do specific stretches to alleviate the problem. However, I also had previous back(2) and rotator cuff injuries resurface at the same time. I'm 55, sit at a desk 10hrs a day and though I do walk/hike quite a bit, I've found that I need to go real slow when it comes to increasing upper body exercises whether they be body weight or free weights.

Here's one article: The Best Exercises For Tricep Tendonitis | LIVESTRONG.COM
    Another: Triceps Tendonitis - Triceps Tendinitis - PhysioAdvisor
    I've found several videos on youtube showing various stretches and that's what I use. I keep using the stretches in the hope that it will prevent the problem from returning.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I can definitely see a change in the two recent photos you posted - more defined and tight around your waist. You're looking great! You have awesome arms too You must be so proud of how far you've come when you compare yourself to the original photo.

PrimalCon New York
    [QUOTE=johnny767;1111993]

January 2012; The start of my determined effort to get into shape

Final gym session before leaving Norway. Returning to England after 4 years away!

Last edited by johnny767; 05-19-2013 at 02:14 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567