Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I ....ahem... get bigger? page 4

Kvalhion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I would also recommend a leangains type approach. Customize it to your level. This really works well to maintain your muscle mass and cut fat if done properly. Some of the leangains people get some crazy carb sources (like eating a gallon of ice cream or a box of cereal to meet their macros) but you do not have to eat processed junk to get your carbs. There is a calculator you can use with leangians to see what macros you should shoot for on workout days and off days but I see it more as a guideline, since I am not doing a ton of heavy weightlifting with crossfit.

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

boomingno is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Am I the only one who was afraid to click the thread based on a misinterpretation of the title?
    Nope.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Leangains. But you're gonna have to be strict with all your counting, both food and exercises.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Am I the only one who was afraid to click the thread based on a misinterpretation of the title?
    i clicked it BECAUSE of the title

guys i don't get why OP should try to lean out before gaining muscle. why can't he work out to build up while cutting some calories?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Ugh. There is so more more to gaining lean mass or shedding fat then just eatin more or less. Types or exercise and workouts, calorie partitioning, calorie timing, macro breakdown. Sure you can eat you face off and gain some lean mass and also a bunch of fat, or restrict calories and lose weight (fat and lean mass) but whats the point of that?

Everyone is different. Train and eat smart and you can accomplish a lot more in a shorter amount of time.
    Nice straw man. First, one will gain some fat during a bulking process, that's why I said 15-20% above TDEE, which will minimize the amount of fat he will gain and will still be optimal for muscle growth. Calorie partitioning and calorie timing is irrelevant, what's important is that you meet your requirements by the end of the day in the long run. And in terms of losing weight, if it's a small deficit below TDEE along with a high amount of protein and a proper routine, the amount of lean mass lost will be very little, if any.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post

guys i don't get why OP should try to lean out before gaining muscle. why can't he work out to build up while cutting some calories?
    Because you really cant do both and being lean before bulking will shift weight gain in favor of lean mass. Lean out to under 15% bf before trying to add significant lean mass.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darz View Post
    Nice straw man. First, one will gain some fat during a bulking process, that's why I said 15-20% above TDEE, which will minimize the amount of fat he will gain and will still be optimal for muscle growth. Calorie partitioning and calorie timing is irrelevant, what's important is that you meet your requirements by the end of the day in the long run. And in terms of losing weight, if it's a small deficit below TDEE along with a high amount of protein and a proper routine, the amount of lean mass lost will be very little, if any.
    I agree with all this.

10-20% above TDEE, 1g of protein and .5g fat per lb of LBM minimum, fill the rest of your calories with whatever, and whenever. Don't stress any timing; eat when you like.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member

Maybe because it doesen't work that way?

OP should get rid of more of his bodyfat before trying to gain more muscle and consentrate on that, because you cannoth do both at the same time. Get down to 12 % bodyfat or so, stay there for around a month, and then start bulking by increasing calories and lifting heavy ass weights...

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Then here you go: Does losing weight increase the size of the penis of morbidly obese men

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Maybe because it doesen't work that way?
    liek omg, i asked because he's eating 3000+ calories a day

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say it looks bigger
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast