Thread: HEY! Some questions!!! :) page

Kattkovacs is offline Member

Red face HEY! Some questions!!! :)

Primal Fuel
    Hello!
    So we have two local stores that sell Rotisserie chickens, fresh and natural. One has nothing on it except spices. DELICIOUS! And the other has Sodium Phosphate in or on it. I was wondering how bad is this? I now work at the place with this Sodium Phosphate Chicken, and I'm curious since I get a good price if it's okay. ALSO, I've been watching documentaries, THEY SOUND LIKE CRAP!!!

"A complete veggie based diet is the way"
    "Meat is cancer"
    In my head, I'm picturing eating 10 pounds of ribs and drooling. So ... any takes on this? The show goes on about how AWFUL meat is for your body, arteries, heart. I can see it maybe becoming an issue if you over eat...

Any how, last question. I recently work two jobs now. Sometimes 11 hours almost non-stop on my feet. My energy levels are pretty good. I am curious how good it is for me, and my body. Me thinks its a pretty for burning fat and calories. I do customer service. I work at a lil restaurant, and a deli.

I just started at both last week. I like it! I still plan on lifting, and playing 2-3 times a week. And I still walk a lot.

Any advice/feedback rocks!

Tell me about meat! Why you love it, and why the media should die. In a hole. meat. MEAT.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I don't know anything about sodium phosphate, so I won't comment.

On the other two things. Lots of people pull 11-12 hours days. Between my job and my farm I do 12-14 hour days in the spring/summer/fall. Winter is my "off season." It certainly isn't bad for you if your energy levels are what you say they are. Sounds like you're doing great, and all the moving is awesome for you. Don't worry about it. We can't all lay around and nap and play and "workout" when we want to like our dear Mark would want for us. As long as you're enjoying it, stick with it.

A word on meat. . . I have watched all the same vegan/veggie/raw documentaries. I actually used to buy into them. I was a vegetarian for two years. I ate veggies until they came out my nose... along with a LOT of pasta and potatoes trying to keep my energy up. Um, the two unhealthiest years of my life. I guess I can understand where they are coming from. Especially if all their studies are links to commerical meats. Um, hello? The grain stuffed meats? No, that's why PB suggests grass fed if you can get it. There really is a reason for that! Cattle aren't meant to eat grains. It changes the entire chemical make up of their meat. A cattle carcass fed grain it's whole life will be skinned out to reveal a 2-3 in layer of fat over the entire thing. A grass fed carcass won't have an entire layer of fat, and honestly won't have a lot of fat period. The grain is used to push them up to fat butcher weight faster. A grass fed steer takes TWO years to feed out. Grain filled steers take 18 months. Catching on? It's about money, it's cheaper and faster and more productive to feed out with grain. Plus, that means they get to keep all their land to GROW the grain and soy. Bleck.

My point is, those documentaries are great if you want to believe them, but in my opinion, the science is flawed because the meat they are using in the tests is tainted. I talk around in circles a lot, did I make any sense?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Do they add sodium phosphate to the chicken, or does it come that way from the supplier? Someone in my household once bought frozen shrimp which had sodium polyphosphate added. Nasty, slippery stuff. Had to soak it a lot to make it feel normal.

Kattkovacs is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think it is from the supplier. I really don't think we add anything.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Do they add sodium phosphate to the chicken, or does it come that way from the supplier? Someone in my household once bought frozen shrimp which had sodium polyphosphate added. Nasty, slippery stuff. Had to soak it a lot to make it feel normal.
    SW: 200
    GW: When I get there I will know
    CW: 121!!