Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with numbers?? page

SugarSugar is offline Junior Member

help with numbers??

Primal Fuel
    Just when I think I'm good to go, I confuse myself. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. This is only day 2 for me and my first day actually tracking. Can someone please offer insight?

Protein: 72.6g 28%
    Fat: 67.5g 58%
    Carb: 38.3 14%

Total calories today: 1029
    Dietary fiber: 11.9

These are all via fitday. It says my goal calories are 1285, although I don't know if I should go by that or something different. This is all so confusing! Nobody I know has even heard of primal, so I have nobody else to ask. If more info is needed, please tell me what is needed. Thank you!

I take that back..my goal is 1987. I didn't realize it was on sedentary for activity.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    How far into change are you?

If you're in the first 30 days, I don't recommend counting ANYTHING. What are your goals and where are you at now?

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    whoa... 1029 calories is not healthy. I think 1200 is the bare minimum.

Stop counting.

However
    "Protein: 72.6g 28%
    Fat: 67.5g 58%
    Carb: 38.3 14%"

These all look OK, but your carbs are very low... unless you're trying to lose weight quickly?
    Protein, without trying or aiming for anything, I get about 100-150g a day. I'm a female, 5''9, 140lb.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebooted Body View Post
    How far into change are you?

If you're in the first 30 days, I don't recommend counting ANYTHING. What are your goals and where are you at now?
    This.

Don't count, just eat whole foods. It's not that hard.

That said, I'd recommend upping the protein to something between .8-1g per lb of bodyweight.

I'm brand spanking new, day 2. I'm not necessarily trying to lose weight fast, but I do have a lot to go. I'm 230 and want to get to at least 150. 5'3", 31 yr old female. Yes I realize that's bad. I'm just so scared I'm going to go overboard.I do admit it was hard to eat what I did eat. I just didn't feel like I needed that much. I had 2 eggs and 3 slices of bacon for breakfast and felt naughty. I didn't purposely only get 1029 calories. Now I'm thinking I need to eat something else? I guess I just look into things way too much then confuse the heck out of myself. I'm very out of shape, so my exercise is pretty basic. Pushups, situps, and squats and a little cardio. Working my way up so I don't hurt myself.
    Last edited by SugarSugar; 02-28-2013 at 08:54 PM.

I don't know if it's relevant, but I quit soda and sweet tea cold turkey 3 weeks ago on Saturday. I've had a tsp of sugar in coffee about twice in this time frame and realized I couldn't taste a difference with it so cut that too. Strictly primal last 2 days except not thinking and put mayo in tuna today. Store bought, so not good but only used a TBlsp.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Sugar, it's great that you've jumped straight in to strictly primal and exercising as well. I'm sure you'll get great results this way, whether you count or not. I have never found it necessary. Don't let yourself get confused by over thinking this, just eat real food, move around some, and you'll soon be feeling (and looking) miles better. All the best.

Thanks! I started exercising when I cut out sugar. I started eating more veggies, whole grains, and very little to no meat. But then I remembered, I tried this before and, while I did lose 13 pounds in 6 weeks the first time I tried, I was STARVING and failed miserably when I started bingeing on burgers and fries, brownies, and cheesecake. Then I felt sick and disgusted with myself so I ate more brownies. I didn't want that again. It HAS to change NOW. So, I researched and found PB. I researched more, decided I'm in, so here I am. Then I got stuck nitpicking everything I'm doing and thought I understood and just got the numbers jumbled in my head. I'm so thankful to have found this forum though. I know it is going to help me tremendously.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The wonderful thing here is that there's no fuss about numbers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast