Thread: Really good dessert....Chocolate cake with banana coconut topping page

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member

Really good dessert....Chocolate cake with banana coconut topping

Primal Fuel
    Yeah, I know we should not eat sweets made from paleo approved foods. But damn, every so often I want a dessert and the past week has had me craving and eyeing the bakery.

Tonight I made a chocolate mug cake from the Paleo Treats cook book. It makes 2 servings.
    I wanted a topping for it, so browned some (maybe 1 T) coconut shreds in a pan and threw in half a banana sliced. Then poured in a bit of coconut milk into the pan with the bananas and shreds of coconut(2 T to heat and thicken). Pour the bananas on the warm cake. Eat. The cake is very fudgy. I ate 1/2 of the cake and the banana and am now STUFFED and happy to have satisfied my cravings.

And it was legit good. Like you could serve that in a good restaurant and people would never have any idea it was some funky paleo recipe. Very rich.

Craving gone.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Yeah, I know we should not eat sweets made from paleo approved foods.
    Says who?

It was delicious, not terrible for you and served a purpose - satisfied a craving that, if you'd tried to get past with something else, may have left you looking for something more to eat afterward. We aren't perfect, we're human...and sometimes that means eating the shit out of some dessert