Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Energy levels just 'switched off' page 2

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    drinking to much water is unhealthy. start only drinking when you are thirsty. I remember something about it in marks blog recently

thedoglett is offline Junior Member
    That's what I do - last year I was drinking a tons of water but when I read the PB in October 2012 I realised that too much is not good for you. So, I now only drink when I need to, more than I used to yet less than l used to. If you see what I mean!

Primal Blueprint has made me look into diet a lot more than I ever used to and I realise just how susceptible our bodies are to 'too much XYZ'. I'm doing my best, using logical reasoning and its made me feel amazing after the last year. Little setbacks like this feel massive, but I try to put it into perspective and logically deduce what's going on.

That's where helpful forums like this come into their own - subjective reasoning which make you re-evaluate what you're doing and work out what maybe causing the problem.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    It's quite easy to get into a not eating cycle when you are well fat adapted, but IMO you often end up then lowering your metabloic rate as your body slows down to compensate for the lack of food, nothing to back this up apart from my own observations from my own experiance.
    FWIW I was fairly conviced I had some form of ME that developed after I had my gall bladder out a few years ago, but the dr I saw was bloody useless so I gave up on that So I can understand how it feels to be just bloody exhausted for no reason.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

thedoglett is offline Junior Member
    A quick update on this - since I increased my carbs a little (introducing a few potatoes mainly) and started having a few omelettes for lunch during the week (instead of fasting), my energy levels have returned to normal and my weight has actually started to move down a little.

I still have the problems with ME, but just making this small adjustment to my carbs and fasting has worked wonders.

Thanks for your advice, things are certainly starting to look rosier!

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Good to hear man, i believe i went through the same thing. Developed a fairly weird eating pattern which had me feeling like a friggen 80yr old in my mid twenties! The weakness in my legs and just shithouse energy levels fucking suck when i think about it. Never in the mood to do anything either, i was a mess. I think its basically not eating enough and the affect it has on your bodys metabalism. For me personally, i think a lowered fat intake, increased carb intake and spacing out meals more closely saay 3-4 hrs inbetween are needed. I got into the intermittent fasting thing too much, because i was fat adapted, but i would then not consume enough 'easy calories' in the form of easy to digest carbs, rather than harder and slower to digest fats and meats. Wtch the meat and fat intake and balance out the diet are key things to achieve i think.

My energy levels sre better, and my enthusiasm has returned, dont ever want to go back to that low carb mess i was. Not feeling cold is a nice touch too. I only fear i may have done some semi-permanent damage to my body!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12